Guide on getting the heartbreaker Legendary shotgun
This particular shotgun was also there in Borderlands 2 and now has been added to Borderlands 3. By “added” we mean to a dedicated loot drop pool. Just like Other Hyperion Shotguns, the Heartbreaker also has considerable damage and rolls with random perks which can increase its damage count. In this guide, we will show how you can farm it.
Note: You need to own the Handsome Jackpot DLC in order to get the weapon.
Where to farm the heartbreaker? (Drop location)
- Head to the Compactor map in the Handsome jackpot.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have progressed up to the mission called The Plan.
- The boss you would want to farm is Gorgeous Armada.
- Here is the map location:
- The weapon has a small amount of lifesteal, as expected from Moxxi weapons. But since the lifesteal is meager, we will suggest using other lifesteal weapons and mods along with it to amp up the lifesteal percentage.
- The spread of the pellets is in the shape of a heart and as distance increases the spread also increases. Keep this close range in mind while using the weapon.
Tips/suggestions for farming
- The boss will have a yellow shield bar and a health bar. Using any corrosive weapon should make quick work of the boss.
- Besides the farming area where the enemy spawns, there should be loot and ammo boxes. Keep an eye out for them as they can spawn a badass wee loader. They have a chance of dropping more legendaries.
- Also, the Weapon loot box besides the farm location can also yield legendaries.
Heartbreaker Weapon Stats
- Damage: 386×8
- Accuracy: 73%
- Handling: 76%
- Reload time: 2.3s
- Fire rate: 2.92/s
- Mag Size: 6
You can use this weapon with a Meta moze build to fire away for a long time. Feel free to experiment around to see which build suits your playstyle and this weapon. If you have any questions/suggestions regarding the article, let us know in the comments. That will conclude this Bl3 guide for the Heartbreaker shotgun.
Thanks for reading!