This short guide involves a fix where STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town is not launching for players. IF you are one of them, then this can be frustrating. Follow the shown steps carefully, and get the game to work again. And then have fun playing this unique casual RPG simulation
STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town not launching Fix
FIX 1: Change the game language from Japanese
FIX 2: Start the game from Launch Config Tool
- Double click on the game icon or, start the game from the Steam library.
- Select the option “Launch Configuration Tool”
- Select Save and Launch from the window to start it from there.
FIX 3: Fresh installation of Visual C++ (x64 and x86)
- If you get the errors: missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll then follow the below steps:
- Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable regardless if you have the latest one or not.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (both x86 & x64) from Here: Download Link
- Simply start the game after the installations are done!
FIX 4: Audio DLL Missing solution
- If you get the error: missing XAudio2_9.dll follow the below steps:
- Go to Windows > System32
- Copy XAudio2_8.dll (Default for Windows 8.1)
- Paste it in the same directory
- Change the copy name to XAudio2_9.dll
- And that should hopefully fix the Audio issue and run the game normally.
If you still face errors, or cannot get the game to work, write to the developers from here. If you have further questions or suggestions, let us know in the comment sections below. That will be all for this guide. Thanks for reading!