If you are playing Baldur’s Gate 3, and facing a black screen in Windows 7, this fix is for you. The issue mainly occurs after you press Play, and the screen blacks out, while the game does not start at all. Read on…
How to Fix Windows 7 Black Screen in Baldur’s Gate 3 (Updated Oct. 20)
- Open Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\bin
- Right-click the bg3.exe or bg3_dx11.exe depending and choose “properties”.
- Click on “Compatibility”
- Check the box near “Run in compatibility mode” and choose “Windows 7” from the dropdown menu.
- Press “Apply” and “OK” and you should be all done now.
- Try launching the game again through the launcher.
Turning off HDR has also worked for some players. In order to do this, follow as told:
- If you right-click desktop in windows.
- Click display settings.
- Look at the 2nd or 3rd option from the top
- it states Play HDR games and apps with a slider toggle
- Simply Toggle it to off and try to run the game in Vulkan or DirectX 11
- Run compatibility with windows 7 as instructed in the fix
- Press and hold shift while running the Direct X11 exe as admin.
- Release Shift key when the game starts.
- The game should now work for you!
- This fix was tested by a fellow player from the community, so do let us know if it did help you.
If you did things step by step and correctly, the black screen issue should now be fixed!
That is all we are sharing for this guide. keep posted with us for such fixes. See you soon!
Fix 2 Credits to Reddit user: Owlgorhythms
Fix 3 Credits to Gamer Tag Zero Subscriber: Marcelo