Also check out:
- Battlefield 5(BF5) – Assault Class Short Guide
- Battlefield 5 (BF5) – Report Hackers/Cheaters Guide (PC)
BF:V is a First person shooter game developed by EA DICE and published by EA. It is going strong and since its launch it has been getting decent reviews. It has also managed to build up a strong community of players.
Having said that, the players have been facing Crashes, Freezing issues and Battlefield V not starting up issues. If you are one of them, then this post can help you troubleshoot and fix some of the problems so keep reading :
Go to your Start Menu. Type “Battlefield V” and find the exe program from there. Right click on the icon and open properties. Go to Compatibility and tick the box which says “Run this program as an administrator” and press Apply.
- Start Menu> Type Battlefield V> Right click on exe > Properties > Compatibility > Check box Run this program as an administrator> Apply
Go back to the previous window. Right Click on Battlefield V exe and open File location. Go to Installer folder at the top. Go to the vc folder, then go to vc2015, then go to redist folder. Now run the vc_redist.exe for the version compatible with your computer(x86 for 32-bit and x64 for 64-bit systems). Wait for setup to finish.
NOTE: If the pop-up comes for failed setup then you already have it installed on your system so you need not do this.
- Right click Battlefield V> open File location > Installer > vc > vc2015 >redist >run vc_redist.exe
How to check OS system version??
press windows button+R > type “dxdiag” with quotations in run and press enter > You will find the details of your OS version there.
Disable your Anti-Virus for testing purpose if you are using it, and Check the Allowance status of Battlefield V in Windows Firewall. It should be allowed there at all times. ( Private and Public option should be ticked)
- Windows search > Windows Defender Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall > Find Battlefield V and Tick on both boxes.
Updating windows version to the latest one can also fix your issues, so update it to the latest version, if you have not done it yet, just to be safe from your side. If the crashing and freezing issues still persist then you can write your queries to the Devs.
If you have found out new method to solve these issues yourself, Feel free to comment down below regarding the same!
that’s all folks!