In this guide, we will go over the method to farm or get DNA legendary SMG in Borderlands 3. Getting or farming it can be tricky, so we will show the location to farm it, and also a brief stats of the weapon along with an overview.
But make sure you increase your mayhem level to 6 or above. Anything below Mayhem level 6 will NOT allow you to farm this weapon.
BL3 – D.N.A farm Location (Drop Location)
- The boss that drops D.N.A is General Traunt.
- He is located in Desolation’s Edge on Nekrotafeyo.
- Here is the farm/drop map location for D.N.A (General Traunt):
- You can also travel to Tazendeer Ruins and go to the farm location from there. It is SPAWN LOCATION 2 on the map shown above. Either way, the choice is yours in terms of the spawn location you want to pick.
- Also, make sure you interact with the save station to make the farm time shorter and easier:
D.N.A weapon stats
The red text reads and we quote “Death cannot be contained”
D.N.A weapon overview
This is a MALIWAN SMG that shoots all elements except for radiation, as at the time of article publishing. The chances for elements are random. It can shoot out any random elements from one single fire.
The weapon stays true to its name of “D.N.A” since it shoots the bullets in a Helix/counter-Helix pattern similar to the structure of a DNA. But we recommend it mainly for the purpose of collection. The damage output of the weapon is just not enough for anything above a Mayhem level 6.
Also, the spread of the bullet and the fire-rate is on the lower side. This makes crowd control a bit of an issue to handle. Singling out bosses on anything beyond mayhem level 6 is also not feasible.
In conclusion, the damage output and the bullet fire-rate is just not enough for a higher level of play. You can, however, experiment around and see what works for you. But for most parts, it should be farmed for collection purposes and is not recommended to use as a primary in its current state.
Having that said, we shall end this guide on getting or farming the D.N.A in Borderlands 3. Any suggestions or questions are welcome in the comment section below. We will reply as soon as possible.
That is all!