PlayStation owners may get a head start on the fun by downloading the first multiplayer beta for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Unfortunately, there are glitches; an increasing number of players have claimed that their games are crashing and/or giving them a particular error message.
Here is the known remedy for COD: Modern Warfare 2 beta crash situations in case you were one of the unlucky gamers that encountered the CE-108255-1 error message or other problems.
How To Fix Modern Warfare 2 Crashing
The crashing issue may be fixed by restarting COD: Modern Warfare 2, according to several players. You can also attempt to reboot your computer or gaming console if that doesn’t work. Users with PS4 consoles may wish to consider rebuilding their console’s database, advises Reddit user u/psn1453. This is how:
- By holding down the power button on the PS4, you can turn it off.
- Press and hold the power button once more after the console is turned off.
- Seven seconds after pressing it for the first time, there will be one beep, followed by another, seven seconds later.
- The console has entered Safe Mode when there is a second beep.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller to the PS4 with a USB connection, then press the PlayStation button on the controller.
- Then select “5: Rebuild Database” from the menu.
- Wait for it to finish and adhere to any instructions.
You should try an alternative approach to troubleshoot the issue if you keep getting the CE-108255-1 error notice while playing on the PS5. Read on down below.
Fix the PS5 beta version of COD: Modern Warfare 2’s CE-108255-1 crash.
The CE-108255-1 error notice indicates an issue with the application, according to the official PlayStation Support page. Since it’s an installation error, you will regrettably need to reinstall the entire game to resolve the problem. Here is how to go about it:
- Reinstall the game after deleting it using Settings > Storage.
- Start your PS5 in Safe Mode next, and select “5. Rebuild Database.”
Starting your PS5 in Safe Mode requires:
- Holding down the power button for three seconds will turn off your console.
- Before going off, the power indicator will blink for a short period of time.
- Press and hold the power button one more after the console is turned off.
- One beep will beep when you first push and another will sound seven seconds later.
- Release it after the second beep.
- Press the PS button on the controller after plugging in the USB wire.
- Reset your PS5 from Settings > System > System Software if the issue continues.
- Try installing the application once more after resetting PS5.
You may want to prepare a backup of your data. Contact PlayStation Support if the aforementioned measures are ineffective.
How To Fix Modern Warfare 2 Crashing on PC
I personally was facing the issue where, whenever I ALT-Tabbed or pressed the Window button, the game would crash after a couple tries. This only happened in the lobby and never during the gameplay. These are the listed problems on PC:
- Lobby bug where you cannot find a match and are stuck at connecting
- The game tells you to re-verify the phone number (phone number error)
- ALT-Tabbing or pressing the windows button causes MW 2 to crash
- Stuttering or freezing of game followed by a crash
The solution for most of these problems is quite simple and I will list them below. These are the solutions that worked for me personally. Take it with a grain of salt, since these may or may not work for you:
- Disband the lobby and/or re-launch the game to find a match again.
- DO NOT Alt+Tab or Press Windows keys during the running of MW 2. Ideally use the Fullscreen Window or Borderless FS modes.
- Re-link the phone number and the number verification error should be gone.
- In terms of stutters and freezes, there are some options like HDR, and CAS that need to be turned off as well as lowering the graphics settings to Medium. Since COD takes up a lot of VRAM and RAM, keeping the load minimal on the system is ideal to avoid crashes and freezes.
Complete list of the multiplayer beta schedules
With crossplay enabled, the multiplayer beta for COD: Modern Warfare 2 begins on September 16 for PlayStation users and runs until September 24 on all platforms.
- Friday, September 16 at 10 a.m. PT to Tuesday, September 20 at 10 a.m. PT is the first Early Access Beta Weekend for PS4 and PS5.
PS4 and PS5’s first open beta weekend:
- 10 a.m. PT on Sunday, September 18, through 10 a.m. PT on Tuesday, September 20
Second Early Access Beta Weekend (requires Xbox Live Gold, supports all platforms and cross-play):
- September 22 at 10 a.m. PT until September 26 at 10 a.m. PT on Monday
No matter their pre-order status, all PS4 and PS5 owners can access it.
The second open beta weekend (cross-platform):
- From Saturday, September 24 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time until Monday, September 26 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time
Last Updated on September 23, 2022
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!