Recently players are facing an issue with the graphics of COD Modern Warfare. The screen is either going black or they can only view a small part of the game GFX but the rest is blacked out. We have come across some fixes which we will show. These can hopefully mend your issue for the time being.
How To Fix bad Graphics Bug in COD MW
Sample of the Issue
As mentioned by a NIVIDIA Forum User:
Hello! I have recently installed it and to begin with, with the DCH drivers the game was bad because it threw me to the desktop, which with the standard version (non-DCH) of the latest driver for 2060-super has worked correctly. The thing is that I started to play without problems (it looked correct) but at a certain point the graphics have been slightly corrupted and it looks fatal (photo). Does anyone know anything about this problem? I have tried various graphical settings, reinstalled shadders … but nothing. The problem doesn’t come from graphics scaling.
The Rig He uses is:
i5 8400 / 16GB / RTX2060super updated / W10pro / 1920 * 1200 by DP.
- Try scanning and repairing the game from the battlenet app.
- If some of the files were corrupted during the game run time or during the max CPU usage, this will repair and download any of the missing files.
- IF you are overclocking your GPU or CPU, we highly recommend not do that as of now.
- After stopping the process, Turn off your PC and wait for 15-30mins, then power it up and check again.
- As reported by a few players, stopping the overclocking of GPU is fixing their bad graphics problem.
- Set your Film Grain to a value of 1.
- Also, turn down your Depth of Field to a lower value than default. You can also turn it off and check once.
- It will make the game look a bit blurry, but it will be much better than a black screen or broken GFX.
- Try reinstalling the game after updating your drivers for AMD/NVIDIA users. Also, update your Windows OS to the latest one.
- Re-installing the game would be the last thing we recommend as it is not a viable option at all, since the game files are pretty large. But if nothing else fixed your issue, might as well try this once.
After trying the above fixes, if the problems with game graphics still persist, you can contact the developers Here.
Thanks for reading!