A general idea on how to get the Lumina catalyst in Destiny 2
The Lumina is a tricky but useful Hand Cannon to carry in Destiny 2. The core operation of the weapon revolves around healing allies and gaining bonus damage as a result. The addition of Lumina’s catalyst means that it now gains two healing remnants instead of 1. Just like other catalysts, you need to complete a small quest to synergize this catalyst as well, once you get it. You can acquire catalysts by doing varying activities across the vast Destiny 2 world. These range from events, crucibles, strikes, and Gambits.
How to get Lumina Hand Cannon
- Head over to the Salt Mines in the EDZ to start the Lumina quest.
- Visit the shown location in the solar system and open the chest on the said location.
- Generate 250 Orbs of Light (can be completed as a fireteam) to receive the Rose Hand Cannon (you can dismantle and claim this HC from your collection anytime)
- Next, you need to complete 4 steps: 1) complete Blind Well, 2) Black Armory or Escalation Protocol rounds, 3) get a score of 50,000 or above in Nightfall, 4) get 100 enemy killstreaks without reloading your weapon.
- Complete activities with the Rose HC equipped (can be completed as a fireteam).
- Next, you need to complete 3 steps: 1) defeat Guardians with Hand Cannon final blows; 2) generate Orbs of Light; 3) defeat Invaders in Gambit before they kill a teammate
- Complete the “Will of Thousands” strike with Rose equipped while destroying 11 Crystals along the way.
- Here is a video guide showing in details:
The above steps are not the in-depth guide to get the HC. You can check out the above video showing exactly how to get the Hand Cannon. But the above points should give you a general idea about it and after that, the Lumina Hand Cannon will be yours to keep.
How to get the Lumina Catalyst
- As reported so far after the release of update 2.8.0, the Catalyst has a high drop rate. So doing various activities around the Destiny 2 expansions should eventually drop you one.
- People are mostly getting it from Strike rewards and chests.
- Once you get the Catalyst, you need to do 250 noble round heals to fully charge the catalyst.
- The noble round heals can be done from any activity, and not necessarily the one where you get the catalyst from.
- After the completion of the catalyst’s objective, you will have a Masterworked Lumina. Now you will be able to shoot two healing remnants and in return, get more damage for yourself.
Lumina weapons stats and curated roll
- Impact: 80
- Range: 44
- Stability: 46
- Handling: 74
- Reload Speed: 65
- Rounds Per Minute: 150
- Magazine: 13
- Chambered Compensator
- Accurized Rounds
- Blessing of the Sky (healing allies with noble rounds grants you and the weapon bonus damage)
- Polymer grip
To conclude The Lumina, as well as its catalyst, is worth the keep as a primary. The catalyst adds the much-needed heal and damage buff on kills, making it even better. And currently, the drop rate is high as we found out from the community so this is high time you get one for yourself also. If you have any queries do let us know in the comments.
video credit: Datto
Image credits: light.gg
Thanks for reading!