Temporary hotfix for Controller problem in steam after the recent update of D2 Shadowkeep
As it appears, after the recent update For Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Players using a controller are facing some issues. Before the reported download of Shadowkeep, their controllers were working fine, but now they appear to be acting fishy.
The problems involve automatic remapping of buttons, sensitivity going overboard and losing the overall functionality of the controller.
So in this fix/guide, we will show you a method to fix it temporarily, until the devs get a patch in, to fix it themselves.
Working Fix for d2 shadowkeep controller bug:
1. Launch steam and Go to Big picture mode
2.Hover over to Controller settings
3. Make sure to untick or uncheck all the Top boxes available there.
4. Finally, Hide Your detected Controller to make this fix work.
If you did the above steps right, You can now play with your controller in D2 Shadowkeep without any problems on steam. Note that this is just a workaround, and you need to wait for Devs to address this issue, in a possible patch in the future.
thanks for reading!
Also check out other D2 shadowkeep news, guides, and fixes:
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep | How To Check Ping?
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep | Cross save Authentication Fix
- D2: Shadowkeep | PVP ranking changes
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep | Where are the Forges?
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep | Squirrel Error Code Fix
- Shadowkeep | Ordeal Nightfall and Artifact guide