Published: March 1, 2022 | Last Updated On: May 24, 2022
This article is going to address the common bugs and glitches in the game. Though plenty of patches have been released for this game, some of these issues are still present. Let’s look at some of the problems people are facing and the fixes you can try –
Elden Ring: Common bugs and Error Fixes
1. Screen tearing
problem – PC players are reporting a visual “tear” in the screen, especially during boss fights.
- Try running the game in borderless window mode. If it doesn’t work, try –
- Enable v-sync in graphics settings.
- For Nvidia GPUs
- Open Nvidia control panel.
- Click “Manage 3D Settings” under 3D Settings.
- Click “Global Settings” and find “Vertical Sync.” You can either choose to leave it “On” or select “Use the 3D application setting”.
- From the “Application Setting” menu, add Elden Ring to the available program list.
- For AMD GPUs
- Open AMD Radeon program.
- Click “Settings”.
- Click the “Graphics” tab.
- Choose “Wait for Vertical Refresh” and “off, unless application specifies.”
2. Invisible enemies glitch
problem – PC players have reported coming across an unusual number of invisible enemies.
- Make sure your device meets the game’s minimum RAM requirements. The game might be failing to load game assets due to a lack of memory availability.
- Try to update your graphic drivers.
- Update the game.
- Try playing from a previous save or Reload the stage again.
- Restart the game.
3. White Screen Crash
problem – The game crashes and your screen goes white.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Try running the game in high-performance mode.
- Update the game.
- Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for directX12. To check if you have it or not –
- run – “dxdiag”
- click “display 1”
- The version should be 12 or above.
If you have it and it’s not working, wait for updates and install them.
4. Controller Connection Errors
problem – PC players have reported that the game won’t recognize the controller.
- Try restarting your PC.
- Restart the game/game launcher.
- Uninstall “vjoy” and any other third-party controller drivers.
- Reinstall your controller driver/update the controller driver.
- Enable “Xbox Configuration Support” and “Generic Gamepad Configuration Support” from the Steam settings menu.
- Try disabling the steam overlay.
- Try playing the game with ONLY (unplug keyboard and mouse) the controller plugged in and check if gets recognized or not.
- If your controller works for other games, then try reinstalling the game.
That’s all folks, I hope this article was helpful to you. Feel free to give your feedback and suggestions in the comments. Cheers.
We also have a YouTube channel where we upload the latest gaming content for PC and Android. Feel free to check that out at your leisure. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!