The following is a straightforward guide to co-op and PVP in Elden Ring. Through this guide, you will learn how to Multiplayer in Elden Ring plus all the in-game Multiplayer items. If you find this info useful please be sure to leave a comment to let me know. All constructive criticism will be appreciated.
How to Multiplayer in Elden Ring & the In-Game Items you need
Read the full guide and let me know if you need help with anything in the Comments box.
Basic Concept of Multiplayer in Elden Ring
There are three multiplayer modes in Elden Ring: cooperative PvE, PvP, and rescue PvP. Each mode requires you to have certain in-game items. Opening up your game world for cooperative play also makes you vulnerable to invasion, and PvP combat.
The cap for the maximum amount of simultaneous players is at 4, and that includes all supporters and invaders. This means that you cannot have more than two friends join you for co-op. That always allows for the possibility of invasion of your game by at least one person.
Let us assume you would like to prioritize playing with a specific group of friends. For this, you can utilize multiplayer and group passwords to do this in your game settings. Simply set the same password for everyone in your group.
Some Useful Points
- When you are playing as a guest, you have access to your own full inventory. But your number of flasks cuts to half.
- You must be in the same in-game area as your fellow players to engage in multiplayer.
- While in multiplayer you won’t be able to use your horse.
- Setting a multiplayer password does NOT protect you or your group from being invaded.
In-game items used for Multiplayer:
The Finger Items
- Tarnished Furled Finger – This one is a reusable item that you can use to create a gold summon sign for co-op PvE. You will receive this item before exiting the tutorial area.
- Furlcalling Finger Remedy – It is a craft-able, consumable item that you can use to reveal summon signs from other players’ worlds. PvE coop signs are gold, PvP invitations are red. Purchase the crafting kit from Merchant Kale in the Church of Elleh to be able to craft this.
- Finger Severer – It is a reusable item used to end a multiplayer session. Or you can also use it to remove a player from your game if you are the host. You will receive this item before exiting the tutorial area.
- Tarnished’s Wizened Finger – This one’s a reusable item that one can use to write messages to other players. If you are using a multiplayer password and/or group passwords, you will only see messages by players using those same passwords. You will receive this item before exiting the tutorial area.
- Duelist’s Furled Finger – A reusable item that allows you to create a red summon sign to play competitive PvP. It is found on a corpse at Stormhill.
- Festering Bloody Finger – This is a consumable item that attempts an invasion of another player’s world for PvP. You can obtain this form: the nomadic merchant in east Limgrave, Patches at Murkwater Cave, and White-Faced Varre at the Rose Church in Liunia.
- Bloody Finger – A reusable version of the Festering Bloody Finger. Speak with White-Faced Varre in front of Rose Church in Lituania, and you need to complete a series of tasks to obtain this.
- Taunter’s Tongue – It is a reusable item used to invite Bloody Fingers to invade your world for PvP. You can use this alongside the Duelist’s Furled Finger to bring a second invader into your world, enabling free-for-all PvP. It’s dropped by Mad Tongue Alberich after you successfully defend against him invading you within the Roundtable Hold.
- Blue/White Cipher Ring – These are reusable items that you can use in combination for rescue PvP. The white ring is necessary to summon those who have activated the blue ring for help during an invasion from a bloody finger. Using the blue cipher ring puts you in a ready state to be summoned as a hunter. Using the white cipher ring attempts to summon a hunter for assistance. Summoning hunter rescuers might not always be possible for you in this game. You can purchase both of these items at the Roundtable Hold.
- Small Golden/Red Effigy – They are reusable items that you use to send summon signs to several nearby summoning pools. You must activate each summoning pool in order to view signs available at those locations. The golden effigy is used for co-op PvE and you can find this at the first step site of grace. The red effigy is used for PvP and is found in the North-most portion of Limgrave, next to the frustrated spirit.
Other interesting multiplayer items are purchasable from the merchant in Roundtable Hold, but I am leaving them for you to discover. For more information on multiplayer in Elden Ring, please visit the official site at: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-introduction-the-multiplayer-system. Good luck in your endeavors Tarnished!
I also have a YouTube channel where I upload the latest gaming content for PC and Android. Feel free to check that out at your own leisure. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!
Last Updated on May 24, 2022
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!