In this guide, we will show you a workaround to fix a bug in Forager. In this issue, the Mushrooms in the Rainbow Puzzle are not spawning for players at all. This guide will hopefully fix those problems and hopefully fetch you the achievements or loot.
How to Fix Rainbow Puzzle/Mushroom Bug in Forager
1.Preparing your save game files
- You will require 2 save files. your original bugged save file, and a second fresh save to transfer the map data from.
- Start your new save and progress for a few minutes until you purchase a land tile. TIP: Harvest til level up and spend the point on Economy for 40 free gold.
- If your first tile is not the rainbow puzzle either continue grinding or restart the save.
- Once you’ve found the puzzle, verify that all six mushrooms are there but do not solve the puzzle. Save, Exit, and Close the game!
2. The actual Bug Fix Method
- Head over to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Forager and locate two folders, SaveData0 and SaveData1
- Create a backup for both folders
- SaveData0 should be your main save and SaveData1 the fresh one. Verify by checking the file size of Forager.main.cin within the Zones folder of each. The main file size should be around 30KB and the fresh one should be around 4KB.
- Copy Forager.main.cin from your fresh Zones folder and overwrite the file in your main save’s Zones folder.
- Start the game, enter your main save game and you should find your main character on the fresh map with the puzzle ready to be solved.
- Solve the puzzle. Hit the mushrooms in the order of the colors of the rainbow, starting from the outside. The order should be: Red > Orange > Yellow > Green > Blue > Purple.
- Open your chest to claim your loot and achievement, then save and exit.
3. Fixing your main Save game file
- Copy the Forager.main.cin from the backup of your main Zones folder and overwrite the file in the new main Zones folder.
- You should load back into your save with the main map and your character returned from their journey.
credits to: Archduke
That is all we are sharing for this guide/fix. You can let us know about any of your issues in the comment section below. Thanks for reading and we will see you in the next one!