There are many side quests in God of War Ragnarok with one of the first ones being going after Nidavellir ore to make Nidavellir armor. They are intrinsically linked to each other, meaning you will have to hunt for the ore first, which will be mined to armor that will suit players very well over the course of the game.
Kratos and Atreus certainly need all the protection they can get given the game journeys through the final part of the Norse mythological saga. There are a number of achievements that players can complete in order to receive trophies while fighting off bosses and solving puzzles strewn across the nine realms.
Nidavellir ore is definitely something players would want to get their hands on early in the game, and the following guide explains the full process of getting it and how to mine Nidavellir armor as well.
God of War Ragnarok: How to reach the Nidavellir ore
Players will be very pointedly asked whether they want to partake in the side mission which goes to the ore. When Kratos and Atreus go in search of Tyr in Svartelfheim, they will have to choose between continuing on their current mission or traveling right to the mining rigs operated by Mimir. It is here where you need to go in order to reach the Nidavellir ore and complete the first step in your objective of acquiring Nidavellir armor.
God of War Ragnarok: What happens at the mining rigs
The mining rigs were originally kept for Odin who made use of the resources of the Dwarves. Now, it is the player’s goal to demolish the rigs, and doing so would give Nidavellir ore from all three of them. Every rig has a few puzzles to be solved and battles to be fought before you could raze them after journeying via boat.
The three rigs and how to destroy them are listed below:
- Althjof’s rig: It is to the north of the land and contains a puzzle that will take some time to decode.
- Players have to reach the top of the rig by using the lifts which will open up spaces as they move up and down.
- There are Draugr you have to take care of before you get to the top and demolish the rig.
- Modvitnir’s rig: This is to the west of the map, and you have to use the crane in order to have it change its direction so you can get to the various sides.
- Once you are traveling up the chimney, there will be a Bergsra Mother whom you have to take down and the Wretches it conjures. After finishing it off, demolish the rig.
- Radsvinn’s rig: The simplest of the lot as you just have to park your boat on either the north or south in the middle of the map on the island from which Sindri is just on the way up and the rig to the east.
- Get rid of the rig of opponents present before lighting it up.
God of War Ragnarok: Crafting the Nidavelling armor
Once you have the Nidavellir ore from Mimir, go back to Sindri where you can forge the armor. Players will not be required to go looking for more ore as the quantity you have is already enough. The set will bless you with Stunning Resistance and Stunning Restoration.
The former decreases the pace of opponents losing build-up to stun while the latter gives a portion of your health back every time you stun an opponent. Thus, that is all the information players will need when it comes to getting the Nidavellir ore and making the Nidavellir armor set.
Given that you are able to unlock it in the beginning stages of the game, it is extremely helpful to battle enemies at the latter stages with this till you get more powerful sets.
Last Updated on November 16, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.