guide on the upcoming game grumps update of House party
Due to the major success of House party, the devs have decided to pull it out of BETA or Early access. What this means is that it will be updated with a brand new storyline called the game grumps. There will be other changes to the characters and the overall game in general.
In this guide, we will show you how you can prepare yourself for the upcoming game grumps update. These will involve, completion of a few storylines and other things. Please note that we made this from the BETA version of the release, but as expected, it should work well even after the full game release.
NOTE: Since this game contains mature content, reader/player discretion is advised.
How to prepare for the game grumps update
- Prior to the Grumps’ arrival, you need to complete some older quests to get them to the party, specifically including Katherine and Frank.
- Introduce yourself to Frank and tell him that you’re sober. Collect the 6 Natty Lites to get on his good side:
- floor 1- By the armchair near Frank
- 1st floor – Behind the right speaker near Stephanie
- floor 1- On the shelves in the garage
- 2nd floor – On a shelf as soon as you enter Madison’s room
- floor 2- Beneath the desk next to Brittney
- 2nd floor – Behind the clothes basket in the upstairs bathroom
- Giving all 6 to Frank should earn your BFF status. You’ll get on his good side regardless. Introduce yourself to Katherine and tell her the word need is used outside of its intended purpose. Ask her about her boyfriend and ask why anyone would be a ♥♥♥♥ to her. Tell her that her boyfriend has her plastered to her phone and she will go on about “Spandex Daddy”. Ask her what kind of drink she wants.
- Visit Frank and ask him what he thinks of Katherine and if he plans to guard the alcohol all night. Return to Katherine and tell her that Frank is guarding the alcohol and that Frank has a crush on her. Return to Frank and tell him that you can put in a good word for him with Katherine. Agree to take the topless picture. Return to Katherine and tell her she needs to take a topless pic.
- Go upstairs, collect the camera from Madison’s table in her bedroom, the SD card on the desk next to Brittney and the cellphone jammer from the garage. Put the SD card into the camera and turn on the cellphone jammer. Follow Katherine around until you two arrive in a room by yourself. Turn off the jammer and close the door.
- Ask Katherine to take the picture now she’ll remove her shirt, tell her this isn’t what Frank means by topless. Pick whatever pose you want to photograph. You only need one and give the camera to Frank. Take the rum bottle from the cabinet and give it to Katherine. She will proceed to mention the Game Grumps.
- After the conversation, return to Katherine in 1-2 minutes and give her the cellphone jammer. After she gives it back, go outside and wait by the hot tub. DO NOT MOVE. Staying in the same position is key as their hot air balloon comes closer to you. It will pass overhead, and Arin and Dan will jump from the balloon near the hot tub.
Interactions with ARIN & DAN
This is more of a comedic update, watching the two interact with the other party members. There are numerous funny scenes and conversations to watch here. You’ll find Dan and Arin playing about in the garage, Dan with the penguin and Arin doing his Gollum voice.
You can give the Grumps several items and receive different reactions, including:
- Providing either of them the chocolate bar from the upstairs office
- Give Arin Ashley’s ♥♥♥♥♥ from beneath her pillow
- Giving Arin either the master bedroom or bathroom skeleton key
- Throwing up your fists.
- Several others, just pick up whatever you can and try giving it all to them, just NOT THE STARBOMB BOX YET!!!
Funny interactions you can watch include:
- The two dancing with Stephanie and talking about the 10 Minute Power Hour
- Madison asked by Arin to paint one another
- Rachael gushing over Dan
- Arin discussing the scavenger hunt with Amy
- Confession of Dan that he is furry to Derek
- Arin asking Patrick to play a live-action “Diddle Kid”
- Katherine asking the two for a photo
- Attempt from Arin to reach the MP3 player and falling off the stairs
- Arin becoming hypnotized by the painting in the living room
- The two singing out brothers and sisters
- SEVERAL other interactions, there are plenty here. Some haven’t been included as not all voice acting has been implemented yet. As stated earlier, they have no specific quests other then getting them out of the party. If you’ve seen all you need to see, I’ve found 2 ways to get them out, though I’m sure there are more to come.
Do Not forget to SAVE GAME
Save the game now as there is more than one way for the Grumps to leave. It’s also worth noting that if you already have Patrick’s cellphone, giving it to the Grumps will fail the quest.
ESCAPE #1 – THE BRIEFCASE
It’s in the closet on top of the safe. Follow the dialogue and go ask Katherine to turn off the jammer. Ask Frank for the camera back. Tell Dan that Katherine wants a photo (Arin becoming hypnotized by the painting may occur here if it hasn’t already). Follow the Grumps outside and pick up the briefcase. Take a photo of Katherine, Arin, and Dan. Behold Dan and Arin shrinking and disappearing into the briefcase, as the two finally escape the house party. This is all that is required to complete method one.
ESCAPE #2 – THE BATHBOMBS
This is all that method two is, but damn it’s something glorious!