If you want to customize Amnesia: Rebirth all by yourself, you should know how to enable Debugging in the first place. This will open up a lot of scope for a wide variety of tweaks and changes in-game. It will involve finding the config file location, enabling the debug window, and finally using it to make changes. Read on…
Amnesia: Rebirth How to Enable Debugging Window
Configuration File Location
First of all, you need to find the configuration file and open it via a text editor to make the changes. Here is the location for the file:
- C: > Users > *YourUsername* > Documents > My Games > Amnesia Rebirth> Main Name of the file: <YourParticularUserDetails>_user_settings.cfg
How to Enable Debugging Window
- Inside the .cfg file, locate the tag called <Main>
- Inside <Main> locate DebugMode=”false” and change it to DebugMode=”true”
- Save the file and you should be good to go from this step!
How to use the Debug Toolbar
- First and foremost is to launch the game.
- Now click F1 to open the debug window. Usually it should popup to the right of the screen.
- There are a lot of tweaks you can do inside here. Experiment around but, with caution. The potentials are endless so enjoy your tweaks!
Some Examples to Debug
- You can enable God Mode. Very self explanatory and works similar to other God Modes in various games.
- Spectator cam (free cam): Take a free look as a spectator with independent camera movements.
- Debug logging for game events
- Enable Quick Save: A very self-explanatory feature.
- Script usage/enabling: Helps you to enable and run various scripts. You can make one with the correct knowledge or you can get it online for a number of websites.
And that is how you can enable debugging in Amnesia: Rebirth and use it to do a tonne of tasks and changes. Leave your thoughts down in the comments below. Thanks for viewing and we will see you in the next guide!