If you’re a fan of the MMO genre, then there’s not a chance that you haven’t heard of Destiny 2, a title by Bungie that aims to combine MMOs with Shooters – two of the most popular genres in the world of online video games.
As Destiny 2 continues to attract new players to the game, many are often facing some bugs and glitches that are hampering their gameplay experience while trying to play the title.
The Destiny 2 error code CAT is one of the most common problems that players report encountering when playing the game. This annoying error code can prevent players from logging into the game and prevents them from joining the live servers.
If you’re encountering the infamous error code CAT in Destiny 2, we have you covered. Here’s what you should know about how to fix the error code CAT in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2: How to Fix Error Code CAT
Fixing the error code CAT in Destiny 2 is easy and should take no longer than a few seconds.
As stated on the official help page of Destiny 2, the error code CAT occurs when “A new update to Destiny is available.”
The blog post further states – “If you are seeing this error the first time you launch Destiny, please exit the game and apply the update before relaunching.”
That’s it! If you’re facing error code CAT in Destiny 2, all you have to do is exit the application and apply any available updates that are pending before relaunching it again.
Once you’ve updated your game, then your Destiny 2 should no longer be out of date and you should have no further troubles when trying to play the game.
Here are the official troubleshooting tips provided by the developers:
- Go into the Microsoft Store app, press the “. . .” button next to your profile icon, press “Downloads and updates,” and then press the “Get updates” button.
- Go into the Xbox PC app, click the “My Collection” button in the top left, then “Manage Installs” in the top-right. You will then see a list of all installed Xbox games, what updates are available, and the option to turn on automatic updates (we recommend you turn this on). Updating the title from here will bring you in sync and allow you to connect to the game servers.
- Restart the Steam app on your computer, including exiting out of the app via the Windows taskbar tray. The update for Destiny 2 should appear under Downloads that will automatically download as long as you have automatic updates enabled, otherwise, press the download button.
- You may have to perform this action a few times if a new update just launched.
- If the above solution doesn’t work, please verify the integrity of game files in the Steam app to see if that will cause the update to appear under downloads.
- Additionally, you may have to clear the download cache in the Steam app for the update to appear.
Hopefully, the above troubleshooting tips will help you fix CAT error code in Destiny 2. Have a good day and good luck guardians!
Last Updated on June 21, 2022
When he’s not busy throwing CS:GO games, raging in DoTA 2, or grinding Black Desert Online, Fate can be seen binging Netflix for no less than four hours in a row.