Dropping on the 5th of November at 8 am EST, RDR2 PC is set to be a big release from rockstar games. A lot is on the line for the devs as the game is rated very high by big reviewers before the release. To enjoy the game fully, however, you need to run it at a decent FPS, without any performance issues, lags, crashes, stutters, or freezes. We will show you some suggestive methods to avoid such issues and enjoy the game.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (PC)
- Make sure you meet the minimum system requirements for the game, as given below:
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- OS: Windows 7 SP1
- Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
- RAM: 8 GB System Memory
- GPU RAM: 2048 MB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280
- Storage: 150 GB
- DirectX: DirectX 11
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- RAM: 3072 MB
- GPU Memory: 4 GB Video Memory
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
- Storage: 150 GB
- DirectX: DirectX 12
- If you are having constant crash issues, try disabling your anti-virus and try again. The workaround for this would be to add the exe or folder exception in the anti-virus database. This has reportedly fixed the crashing for several players.
GRAPHICS DRIVER UPDATE
As you may have noticed, NVIDIA and AMD release drivers, specifically to optimize particular games. And when the title is a AAA one like Red dead redemption 2, it is ought to happen. So make sure you download the latest Graphics drivers from their official website.
Best/Optimal Graphics Settings for RDR2 PC
- Open the Nvidia control panel > Click on Manage 3D settings > Program Settings
- Locate the RDR2 executable file from the dropdown list, which should be located under “Select a program to customize”.
- Here are the settings after that:
- Threaded Optimization: On
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Texture filtering – Quality: Performance
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multi-sampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
UPDATING WINDOWS 10 to the latest version
- Windows release specific updates to smoothen and fix the gameplay experience. So make sure you have the windows assistant installed and use that to update your OS to the latest one.
- Turn off hardware acceleration for discord. This is meant to smoothen the discord but it is specifically mentioned to turn it off if you face FPS or game lag issues.
Follow this in order to do that.
- Settings > Appearance > under advanced tab, Hardware Acceleration > Turn it off
- Turn off overlay for discord. This can also fix some FPS and performance issues with the game.
- If you are overclocking your CPU or GPU by any means, and that is causing frequent RDR2 performance issues, try turning it off and trying again. This has worked for many games, for multiple players.
Turning Off Windows Game Bar
- Type “Game bar Shortcuts” in the search bar of your windows, for windows 10. Then click on the option and toggle the game bar to “off”.
- Windows game bar works silently in the background and makes the game captures easy, and gameplay uninterrupted.
- But this can also cause performance issues and FPS drops so turn this off and try to run RDR2 PC, again.
If Your issues still persist, wait for a hotfix or contact/write to the developers from here.
Thanks for reading!