Risk of Rain 2s’ update 1.0 is out on steam for all players. With that update, a lot of new content and items have been added to the game. One of them is Purity. Knowing how to get and use it, can be a game-changer. It can increase a player’s efficiency and survival. We aim to shed some light on the Purity item, in this guide.
How to Unlock or Get Purity in RoR 2
- You need to beat the game in Monsoon Difficulty to unlock Purity.
- Then just acquire it from the game, very similar to how you get any other item.
Purity mechanics and how it works
Purity is a new lunar item, added to the game with Risk of Rain 2s’ 1.0 Update.
- Reduces Skill Cooldown: This trait is pretty self-explanatory. It simply reduces the time taken to use your skills again. The time of reduction is 2 seconds which is fine for 1 stack. Since this stacks further to +1 second per stack, it is a very handy item to stack in your inventory.
- The second part is the Unfavorable Outcome. This is a penalty trait for the lunar item. What this means is that it will mostly have a negative impact on your items and inventory. This is termed as “You are unlucky”
How to use Purity
- To understand how to use purity, you need to know how it negatively affects other items.
- For example, if we take ATG Missile Mk.1. which has a 10% chance of activation per hit. The purity will reduce the chance of that happening to 1%. That is because Purity enables this chance to roll twice. If both times it is 10%, then only you will get 10%. Otherwise, the calculation goes like 10% x 10% = 1%
- So, to sum it up, the chance of missing lowers the chance of activating an item. And the more stacks of purity you have, the lower will be the activation chances.
Keep in mind the Miss chances and the instances of Activation, and if possible calculate the probability, as shown above, to understand the item activations and usability in runs.
That is all we had to offer in this guide. As always, we are open to suggestions and/or queries in the comments below. Thanks for reading and we will see you in the next one!