Are you new to Rocket League (RL) Sideswipe? Well good then this guide is for you. In this guide I’ll show you how to do four of the most important and coolest mechanics in the game, including flip resets, air roll spins, ground to air dribbles and fast aerials.
And I’ll give you some key tips on how to increase your overall speed on the field and customize your game to suit your playstyle.
RL Sideswipe Mechanics, Beginners Tips, and UI Guide
How to Air Roll in Rocket League Sideswipe↓
One of the first things I wondered when I picked up this game for the first time was, how do I air roll like the guy in the official trailer, I want to be like him. Well the good news is it’s super easy.
- In Rocket League when you air roll, you use the arrow button and then you hold left or right on your stick to spin left or right.
- Or you’ll use the air roll, left or arrow right buttons in Sideswipe when you want to air roll.
- All you need to do is double tap your left joystick button and you’ll constantly spin every time your wheels leave the floor.
One interesting thing about this mechanic is even after you land, you’ll keep spinning next time you jump as well.
- If you want to stop spinning, all you need to do is just lift your finger off the screen.
- Then next time you jump you’ll just do a regular aerial.
To be honest I’m not really sure what the purpose of spinning is in this game. I haven’t noticed any difference to the contact you make with the ball or the power of your hits. There doesn’t really seem to be any difference but it does look cool.
How To Do Fast Aerials In Rocket League Sideswipe↓
Okay while we’re talking about aerials let’s talk about fast aerials. In other words your aerials will be super slow if you’re a beginner.
However there’s actually a third way that’s much much faster and will take your gameplay to the next level in terms of speed.
It’s called the fast aerial. As you will see, it’s so much faster to do a fast aerial in Sideswipe. All you need to do is press jump and boost at the same time and aim in the direction you want to go.
Now this might be easy if you play the game with three or four fingers but if you’re like me and you prefer to play with just your two thumbs there’s a much easier way to do this.
- Just click settings in the top right, then click show options if you’re in game or game settings if you’re in the main menu then configure.
Now you can see all of the icons that usually appear on your screen, including the jump, boost and quick chat.
And then there’s this icon called boosted jump. This is the one we want.
- Just press on this and then click enabled.
Now you’ll have an extra icon on your screen and when you press it, there’s your fast aerial.
Oh and while you’re in this screen, just a tip, that you can move these icons anywhere you want on the screen just by dragging them around.
- And you can change how visible they are with a slider and their size with another slider and then just press the back button to save your changes.
Rocket League Sideswipe Air Dribbles Guide↓
In Rocket League ground to air dribbles are one of the most difficult but effective mechanics in the game and in Sideswipe they’re just as effective but about 10 times easier.
The way to do one is pretty much the same as in Rocket League. You get the ball onto your roof and then you jump tilt back and boost carrying the ball up into the air.
- You can of course do this using the jump and boost buttons.
- However I’ve found that it’s much easier to use the boosted jump button that we just talked about.
- In fact I would say that ground to air dribbles is my primary use of the boosted jump button.
They’re just so easy with it!
How To Do Flip Resets In RL Sideswipe↓
Just as you can do flip resets in normal Rocket League, you can also do for the pre-sets in Sideswipe.
For anyone not familiar with what a flip reset is:
- Usually when you’re on the ground you can jump once and then either double jump if you’re not holding any direction or flip if you are holding a direction.
- The only way to reset those jumps or flips is to land on the ground again.
Right, well there’s actually another way to reset them.
We call it a flip reset:
- It’s when you land on the ceiling to reset them or you land on the ball to reset them.
It’s one of the most useful and coolest mechanics in both Rocket League and Sideswipe and it’s something that you should add to your game as soon as possible.
Increase Aerial Speed In Rocket League Sideswipe
And the last mechanics tip is how to increase your aerial speed in Sideswipe. The direction you’re aiming is the direction your car will move towards, even if your wheels aren’t touching the ground.
- So if you’re airborne and you want to stay airborne for as long as possible, aim upwards.
- But if you want to get down to the ground as quickly as possible aim down.
It’s much faster and you can see the little speed effect that happens around your car to show that you’re going fast.
Okay and finally how do you get unlimited boost in free play?
Well this one’s easy:
- Just go into free play, then click settings, then show options and tick the box that reads unlimited boost in free play and that’s it.
Now you’ve got unlimited boost in free play just like you do in Rocket League and that’s it.
Those are all the tips I’ve got for you guys today on Rocket League Sideswipe. Let me know down in the comments if there’s anything else you’re wondering about with this game, if there’s any other mechanics tips you want or really anything else about the game.
Let me know what you guys want down in the comments and be sure to wait for more guides like this as well as a whole bunch of other Rocket League and Rocket League Sideswipe content. As always thanks for reading and I’ll see you guys in the next guide.
Last Updated on December 17, 2021
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!