In this guide, we will take a look at a fix for the AMD error or atidxx64.dll in Serious Sam 4. This error comes up for some players right after starting the game. The usually crashed and the error message pops up. We try to troubleshoot the issue with some methods shown below.
How to FIX AMD Error (atidxx64.dll) in Serious Sam 4
FIX method 1
- First, follow the path where the steam is installed, for us, it was “D: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ userdata \ _DIGITS_YOUR_ACCOUNT_ \ 257420 \ local”
- Next, make a backup just in case of the “SeriousSam4.ini” file.
- We go into the file using a text editor (in our case we used Notepad)
- Press CTRL + F (search) and look for the following: gfx_strAPI = “Direct3D11”; – replace the value with “Direct3D12” – if supported, or with “Vulkan” and save with CTRL + S.
- Go into the game and remove everything related to anti-aliasing
- Now simply start the game
FIX Method 2
- right-click on the game and select properties
- Add a launch parameter: “+ gfx_strAPI D3D12”
- Press OK and proceed to start the game.
Either of the above two methods will hopefully fix your issue with the game crashing and showing errors. If the problem still persists, you should wait for a hotfix or write directly to the devs regarding the issue. That will be all for this guide. We will see you in the next one!