Published: July 8, 2020 | Last Updated On: April 4, 2021
This guide involves certain tweaks to fix the FPS Drops in Soul Worker. If you own a low-end system, this walkthrough can prove beneficial to mend any Frame drops and make the gameplay smooth and enjoyable. Our main goal will be, to increase Performance for the system and avoid any unnecessary lags or stutters.
Soul Worker FPS Drop Fix
STEP 1: Change Resolution from game files
- If you wish to play in windowed mode, use 800×600 or 640×480 resolutions.
- In order to do that go to STEAM LIBRARY > Right-Click “Properties > browse local files > Click on “GAMEETC” FOLDER and you will find a “resolutionwindowslist” file. Change the first line as follows:
Width = 640
Height = 480
- You can put the resolution you wish.
STEP 2: Use full screen at lower resolutions
- If you wish to play at 800×600 or 640×480, but at Fullscreen, follow the below steps:
- Right-click in your library “properties”, browse local files, right-click “SoulWorker.exe.” click properties again go to “compatibility” and then activate “run the resolution in 640×480” then apply and press OK
STEP 3: Update Drivers to the latest ones
- For NVIDIA graphics cards – install new drivers from here.
- For AMD graphics cards – install new drivers from here.
- If you have an intel based system, install the required drivers from the windows itself.
STEP 4: Optimize Windows for Best Performance
If you’re struggling with FPS Drops, you can optimize your Windows system.
- Open the Windows start menu and type: View advanced system settings and click on the search result
- Got to the Advanced tab. Now click on Settings under Performance
- Check the option that says “Adjust for best performance”
STEP 5: Change AMD and NVIDIA Panel Settings
FOR AMD USERS
- Radeon Anti-lag – Enabled
- Radeon Chill – Disabled
- Boost – Disabled
- Image Sharpening – Enabled
- Sharpness – 80%
- Enhanced Sync – Disabled
- Wait for a vertical refresh – Always off
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multi-sampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
FOR NVIDIA USERS
- Open Nvidia Control Panel
- Select Manage 3D settings
- Click on Global Settings
- Now change the following settings:
- Threaded Optimization: On
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Texture filtering – Quality: Performance
The above Fixes should hopefully mend the Frame Rates for Soul Worker. If you face any issues, let us know in the comments below. We also post, fixes for other games as well. You can check them out here. That is all!