In this guide, we will take a look at the optimum controls if you use a HOTAS in STAR WARS™: Squadrons. By default, the settings the game gives you is just not enough to increase your flight performance and gameplay. This will hopefully fix that, and you can apply these settings to any other game using HOTAS.
Having trouble settings up HOTAS Deadzone in the game? Check out our article on how to Fix HOTAS Deadzone in STAR WARS™: Squadrons.
Optimum Flight Controls using HOTAS in STAR WARS™: Squadrons
HOTAS Flight controls
- Change Yaw to either twist or rudder, depending on your HOTAS setup.
- Range Roll to the stick’s X-axis
NOTE: If it messes up your throttle, all that is needed to fix it, is to bind it again.
Other Tweaks and Changes
- Invert Flight is OFF by default. Enable it in the controls menu (not the remapping menu). This will aid a lot from the default one.
- If your thruster isn’t working, just go to the remapping menu and bind it again.
- It seems like rebinding controls for the first time makes the game stop looking for generic throttle input.
- The game will look for throttle Y input instead, which isn’t bound by default.
- But simple rebinding works well and it should work after that.