The Division 2 Guide on fixing the Crash, Lag, Stutter and other FPS issues
As the time for the Warlords of Newyork DLC releases inches closer, the hype also keeps growing. The need to run The Divison 2 without any Crashes, Lags, Stutters or FPS issues becomes the key priority to enjoy this DLC properly. So in this comprehensive guide fix, we will show you some methods to follow, to be prepared from your side.
RIG used to test
- CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
- GPU: GTX 1660 6GB
- PSU: 550W Gold Corsair
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM
A) The Division 2 FPS Fixes
1) Disabling Uplay launcher Overlay and cloud sync
- Turn off the Uplay overlay to start with.
- To turn it off, go to the uplay icon and click on settings.
- Under the general tab, simply uncheck the Uplay overlay and the cloud save synchronization option.
- This will fetch you some small boost in FPS.
2) Changing windows settings
- Type “Windows Settings” in your windows search bar. Or click on the settings wheel icon in the windows menu and open this tab.
- Click on “gaming” and disable the Gamebar and the game mode from there.
3) Disabling NVIDIA Geforce Experience Overlay
- If you have NVIDIA Geforce installed and in use, open it from the taskbar or desktop icon.
- Click on the settings cogwheel and toggle off the IN-GAME OVERLAY.
4) NVIDIA and AMD Control Panel Settings
- Open your NVIDIA control panel and make sure you have your onboard graphics card selected from the Physx tab.
- Go to manage 3D settings and click on Program settings, Select the Division 2 exe file and do below settings.
- Only change these settings and keep the rest as they are:
- CUDA-GPUs: All
- Maximum Pre-render Frames: 1
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Vertical Sync: Off
- Virtual Reality pre-render frame: 1
- Click Apply and that should be it for the NVIDIA Control panel tweaks.
For AMD users, their official website has already given out the configuration to run The Division 2 Optimally. We will give a link to that below:
5) The Division 2 exe settings
- On your Local disk or Saved Drive, find the Ubisoft folder.
- UbisoftgameLauncher > games > Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 > TheDivision2.exe
- Right-click on the exe and select properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab and check the box called “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”
- Click on “Change high DPI settings” and check the box called “Override high DPI scaling behavior”
B) The Division 2 Crashes, Lags, and Stutter Fixes
1) Keeping AMD and NVIDIA graphics drivers up to date
- Both AMD and NVIDIA release game-specific drivers along with a general driver update to optimize game performances. So make sure you update your respective drivers at the earliest.
- Download AMD drivers from here.
- Download NVIDIA drivers from here.
2) Turning off DX12 renderer and Reduced Latency
- Go to in-game settings > video.
- Then simply turn off the “DX12 renderer” and “Reduced Latency” Options.
3) Disable CPU and GPU Overclocking
- This solution is fairly simple to do if you are overclocking your CPU and/or GPU.
- As reported and addressed by the developers themselves, overclocking can result in the crashing of the games for some players.
- So turn this off, restart your PC and try the game with the overclocking to check if it fixes the crashing or not.
4) verifying the Storage of your game (Optional)
- If your OS is installed in an SSD or HDD and your game is on the other type of storage, then you may need to manually verify and fix this de-sync issue. This can also be the cause of the crashing of Division 2.
- After verifying the installation folder, you need to increase the Paging File size. Here is a link on how to do that.
- For a suggestive size, set Minimum to 10,000mb and the Maximum to 50,000mb.
5) Fresh Installation of Windows (Optional)
- First of all, enter windows safe mode by pressing SHIFT+ clicking on Restart.
- After that do a Reset of your PC and OS, and do a clean installation and updating of all the Drivers.
6) Steam file tweaks (for steam app users)
- Close the steam client and make sure it closed from the Task manager also.
- Go to the steam main installation folder and delete the file called “ClientRegistry.blob”. This file should be located where the steam.exe is. Make sure you press SHIFT+Delete to permanently delete the file.
- Now log back into Steam and try launching the game. As reported by some players, this managed to fix their crashing issues for good.
After all of the above Fixes, if the problems still persist, write to the developers from here. If you have any general questions or suggestions, do let us know in the comments below, so that we can respond to it.
That will be all for this Guide fix on The Division 2 Crashing, lagging, stuttering FPS general issues. We will look to update this post if any new issues come around after the Warlords of New York DLC update.
Thanks for reading!