The lure of Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure is in its idle island life which you have to transform into a budding hub.
I am having a great time wandering through the island, interacting with various animals, collecting resources and more.
I am ably supported by Longhorn the dog, who is super reliable when it comes to breaking rocks. However, when I began the game, I was confused as to how to cut down the trees.
This is where the Axepecker comes in. Like the name suggests, the bird has an axe for its beak and will be meeting you early on in the game. Therefore, I am sharing the guide below as to how to have him on your side.
Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure – Setting the Axepeckers free
Before making the Axepeckers your friends, players will have to release them from their cages where they are held captive by pirates. Here’s how to achieve that:
- Make your way to Froglet Cove to the southwest
- I went all gung-ho against the pirates which never works, later realizing that you will need to be discreete
- That is why you have to make use of the fire cannons and knock down the pirates from their elevated stations
- Having torched all of them, I was able to simply make my way straight to the cages and release the birds.
Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure – Making friends
Having released all the Axepeckers, players have to choose any one to make friends with. That Axepecker will have your icon on top and will become your buddy.
If you are as indecisive as myself and wish to change Axepecker later, then the whole process has to be repeated once again.
Your new friend will help you cut down trees and earn stars. Additionally, you can also level up through stars, which can be collected by taking care of the Axepecker.
Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure – Building home for Axepecker
You will have to build the nesting place for Axepecker where they will stay and sleep. Here’s how to get it done:
- The Axepeckers live in a particular area of the map, which will be highlighted
- You will need Log (x8) and Cotton (x8) for the restoration job
- The more Axepeckers you keep, the better it is for your progress so you can easily cut trees all over the map. Therefore, make sure to have them all in the nesting area.
Thus, that is all the information I have to share with you regarding making the Axepeckers your friends. They will be really great whenever you adventure along in the game, and you should always be counting on them.
Last Updated on August 21, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.