One of the most fabled games in recent times, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, had been set to re-release for some time now. It finally dropped a few days back, and players are scrambling to get their hands on it as they prepare to engage in various battles.
There has been development in the game’s outfits, quests, and performance issues. CD Projekt Red has also included a next-gen patch update to stabilize the game further and reduce problems that players often run into.
Nevertheless, there have been several issues for several players who have experienced blackouts, crashing, or the game getting stuck often. Well, do not worry; the following guide will help players understand what can be done during these situations if problems occur.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – How to fix blacking out, crashing, problems
Check the minimum system requirements
The best and most logical place to start would be to ensure you have the necessary systems for the game. Otherwise, everything you do after this would be a waste of time. Here are the minimum specs for the game to run seamlessly.
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
- Storage: 35 GB available space
- Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 / AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1), or 64-bit Windows 10
Of course, these are the lowest of the lot, and you would surely want to upgrade your system sooner rather than later.
Download the Visual C++ Redistributables package
This is another essential requirement that must be checked for any game on your computer. Players facing this issue on their PCs should ensure the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables package is on their system, downloaded, and ready for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Inspect the game files present
The game files do get damaged and/or corrupt from time to time, so you must keep analyzing them once in a while. That is why this would be high on your to-do list as well. Going about it will depend upon the store from which you got the game.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Go to your library inside the Launcher
- Right-click once on the game files
- Press Manage from the drop-down box
- Choose Verify, and the process will begin on its own
- Open up the GOG Galaxy launcher
- Choose the game from the list
- Select the Customization option
- Click on Manage installation and start the Verify/Repair process
- Start up the Steam library
- Navigate your way to the game concerned
- Choose the manage options button and click on Properties
- Go over the Local Files menu
- Select the “Verify integrity of…,” and it will start the repair job
After Steam goes over them, it will inspect whether the game’s files on your system are similar to the ones on the Steam servers. If they are different, it will automatically download the game again and, in doing so, will fix the bad files.
Update your DirectX
It can go both ways with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If players face issues while playing on DirectX 11, they should upgrade to DirectX 12 and vice versa. There have been problems spotted with both versions, so you should take precautionary measures all the same.
Skip Launcher start
For those who are having trouble after the next-gen patch, you can follow the below steps for Steam or Epic Games.
Epic Games Launcher
- Go to Settings and then Manage games
- Choose The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- In the Additional Command line Arguments, add –launcher-skip
- Move over to the Steam library and right-click on the game
- Select the Properties option
- Key in the same command as before –launcher-skip
- Launch the game again
Decrease your graphics level
You should always steadily increase the graphics level in these heavy-duty games. Players can also test the game by turning off Ray Tracing which would reduce the frequency of crashes.
You will need to reinstall the mods like Improved Sign Effects and Ultra Gore 2 – A Dismemberment Mod after the next-gen patch, as they may not be updated. It does so by following the below steps:
- Open Steam Library and select the game
- Choose Manage, and then you will view the Local Files
- Simply remove the mods folder
Thus, these are all the procedures players can follow to solve these issues. They can be irritating sometimes, and you may have to go for a few altogether. Do not lose hope, and you will get to play the game soon.
Last Updated on December 17, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.