COD MW3 – Fix Download Stuck or Slow Download – COD is back with its latest edition, called COD MW3, with all new weapons and maps.
However, many players can experience difficulties downloading the game on their gaming devices. All gaming platforms, including PC, PlayStation, and Xbox, have this issue.
Depending on the device you’re using to download MW3, the size of the download and loading times may differ. This tutorial covers all probable remedies for MW3 download problems on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
How To Fix COD: MW3 Slow Download and Stuck Download for PC, XBOX, and PS
One of the most common concerns among players is that MW3 won’t download or has a slow download speed on a PC or Console.
Fortunately, you can try a few solutions to resolve this problem. To start off, if the client launcher has slow download speeds, then your best bet is to wait for them to resolve the issue. Check the image below:
The Steps To Fix The Issues
The first and foremost step is to re-start Steam to initiate the update. If you do not do that, sometimes the update may not appear for you entirely. So keep in mind that you restart the Steam Client before anything else.
1. Try using a VPN for PC users if you are using one. If your ISP has throttled your download speed, this method bypasses the issue, and you can get more out of it.
2. Restarting your game client (Battle.net or Steam) is one of the easiest ways to resolve this problem. Select “Close Game” from the menu after pressing Start or Menu on the title. Once finished, restart it and attempt to download the game once more.
3. Restarting your computer or console will help to refresh the system if the first two steps don’t work. If there is a bug, it can also be used to go around it.
4. Verify that your internet connection is stable. A large game like Warzone 2 needs to be downloaded quickly and reliably. Additionally, as wired connections are more dependable and stable than WiFi ones, you can consider switching to them.
6. Your next step, if the issue still exists, is to erase the cache on your gaming device.
- In the command prompt, enter the following command:
- Prefetch, %appdata%, and temp, and press Enter. Then clear the files inside there.
- Try loading your game after restarting your computer.
- Shut down or completely turn off the Xbox console.
- Unplug it from the electrical outlet once it has completely shut off.
- Next, hold out for one to five minutes.
- Reconnect your Xbox to a power outlet.
- Do not enter Rest Mode; instead, turn off your PlayStation.
- Watch for the console’s top light to stop blinking.
- Unplug your console’s power cord from the rear.
- Hold off for one to two minutes.
- Connect the console’s power cord.
- Restart the console to verify that the problem has been resolved.
7. Check if any other games are not downloading or upgrading in the background. Close them first, then attempt downloading the game if it has any.
This fix works mainly for PC players, but you can also give it a go if you are using the console. The game client sometimes throttles the download speed for some reason, which goes away after a restart.
Go to Steam > Settings > Download > Change the download region from the current location to the nearest location. This almost always works for me in increasing most games’ download speeds.
I was also struggling with the download speed of Warzone 2.0, so I tried this method, and it worked once more for me.
So there you have it—everything you needed to know about fixing MW3 slow download and download stuck issues for PS5, XBOX, and PC.
Last Updated on November 10, 2023
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!