The prevalence of multiplayer modes in almost all games nowadays has exploded over the recent years. This is even more the case when it comes to shooter games, whether it be first-person or third-person.
Therefore, it is no surprise that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has a robust multiplayer mode like the kinds of Destiny 2, Apex Legends, and more.
However, it will not be evident right from the beginning as to how to go about the whole process. In that regard, the following guide will help players in getting started with the process of getting friends involved and playing MW2 together.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 – Steps to add friends
The process is not too complicated for players who are familiar with the same style over the previous versions of the game.
- Make your way to the Social Hub in MW2
- Select the ‘Friends‘ tab, and go to ‘Add Friends‘
- You will need to have the Activision ID of the friend you are trying to add
- Once you are done, click on send friend request to get started.
However, given that you will need your Activision ID, there are a few simple steps to find yours:
- Head over to Settings
- Choose ‘Account and Network‘
- Select the Activision Account
- You game ID will be visible with the hash and seven digits code.
Additionally, players can also make friends with anyone you have recently played by going to the ‘Recents‘ tab under the Friends Section through the Social Hub.
Call of Duty: MW2 – Steps to invite friends
The game allows you to have up to five channels, each containing a maximum of 32 players. Therefore, the total number of friends to have in the game is 160. Thus, there is always the want of having a big group together in order to play the game which can be done through easy steps:
- Go to the menu and choose Social Hub
- The other way is clicking on R3 through the preselected option
- Choose your party
- Select the ‘Invite Player‘ option
- Simply choose the names you want to add to the lobby, from which you start games.
Thus, that is all the information you will need to go about getting your friends to join and starting the game. Of course, there is the Campaign mode which is the single player option that players have grown to love. However, the friends option is also a very nice way of getting in on the action together.
Last Updated on September 22, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.