Building a city and community has been a tested method of simulation games in recent times. This is where Dinkum joins in, with players being thrust into the Australian Outback, where they have to build everything from scratch.
You can construct buildings, do farming, go hunting for food, and even grow plants of all kinds. Naturally, players will want to progress as the game goes on, and this is where you encounter more high-class materials.
One of them is cement, which players will need to craft buildings, stronger walls, and a lot of other things. While they only require stones, the journey of converting them into cement needs a few steps. In that regard, the following guide will help players in making cement in Dinkum.
Dinkum: Getting a pickaxe and Stone Grinder
Two of the items that players will need in order to convert stones into cement are a pickaxe and a Stone Grinder. To get a pickaxe, players have to:
- You will have to obtain a Mining License from Fletch, which costs Permit Points.
- Players can earn Permit Points by finishing Milestones. They are completed as you keep on communication with things and objects in the island.
- You will need 250 Permit Points to get your Mining License.
- Once you have the license, players will be able to purchase a pickaxe from John for 1200 Dinks, which is the in-game currency.
Obtaining the Stone Grinder is a more complicated task. Players will have to get the Shop Deed from Fletch which will in turn make John (shop owner) a permanent citizen of the island. Players will have to build the Shop which requires the following items in the construction zone:
- 15 Gum Wood Planks
- 16 Nails
- 2 Tin Sheets
- 15 Palm Wood Planks
Additionally, you will require a wood saw and tin bars to be able to get your hands on these. The former can be bought from John while the latter has to be crafted from a crude furnace and tin ore.
Once the Shop is constructed, John will be able to start living on the island full-time. Only then will you be able to purchase the Stone Grinder for 10,000 Dinks from him.
Players can earn Dinks by selling meat, produce, and other items from around the island to John. You can also help other residents in their work will give more Dinks.
Dinkum: Making cement
Players will have to mine rocks present on the island to turn them into stones with the help of the pickaxe. The steps for the same are given below:
- Position yourself in front of the rock
- Choose the “Pickaxe” from the list of items
- Swing the pickaxe by right-clicking
- Keep continuing till you break the rock
- Gather the stones by left-clicking
Now that you have the stones, simply put them in the stone grinder. Go one by one with the stones and you will find cement is ready within a minute.
Thus, that is all players need to know about making cement in Dinkum. The main steps come in gathering the stuff before the real process begins. It will be arduous in the beginning, but you can go through it with enough practice.