The final month of 2022 is shaping up to be a great one for lovers of franchises. With NFS Unbound already released, it has gotten the famed series back on track, literally. The other big entry already has been Callisto Protocol which is the long-lost sequel of Dead Space.
While the two games are fundamentally poles apart, there have been the same teething problems with both. Callisto Protocol players have reported the game crashing or getting blacked out often, including while attempting to launch it.
It has been a more pronounced issue when it comes to Steam, with some players, while playing for some time, being unable to continue. For many others, it is simply not opening.
Not to fret, the following guide will help you figure out how to best solve these issues with varying amounts of success.
Callisto Protocol: How to solve game crashing and black
Start the game from .exe file
With Steam having issues, this can be a good first step. Here is what needs to be done:
- Right-click the game inside the Steam Library and choose to Manage
- Open the Local Files and here is where you will notice the CallistoProtocol.exe file
- If the normal start is not working, you can even attempt opening it as an administrator
Get the latest graphics drivers
AMD and Nvidia have come out with new drivers respectively and their versions are:
- AMD: Adrenalin 22.11.22 Optional
- Nvidia: Game Ready 527.37
The Nvidia driver you will get through GeForce Experience while AMD can check for updates on its own so the download happens normally.
Allow the game through your anti-virus
A common problem for many players where you have to physically change the settings as the anti-virus may be protecting you very rigidly.
You will have to allow your anti-virus to let the game run naturally by giving access, meaning the anti-virus will not put a check on the application present.
Stop hybrid graphics card
This can be a major problem for players with heavy-duty gaming laptops, who also have integrated graphics cards.
Therefore, you have to be aware of which one your system is using, and of course, change it to the main GPU driver that can take the full load of the game. This will also ensure you can keep in-game graphics at a better level.
Check the requirements of the game
Another basic check that you have to make every time. Of course, you would want to have the requirements better than the most basic ones which are listed below:
- Windows 10 or 11
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 580
- DirectX 11
- Intel® Core™ i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600
- 75 GB space
- 8GB RAM
Nevertheless, most gamers would like to hit the officially recommended settings that include:
- Windows 1o or 11
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon™ RX 5700
- DirectX 12
- Intel® Core™ i7-8700 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600
- 75GB space
- 16GB RAM
The requirements of DirectX 12 and Windows are very crucial, with players being able to check the former by searching for “dxdiag” from the search option. You will find the DirectX Diagnostic Tool which has all the information including the version.
Unfortunately, players on Windows 7 or 8.1 cannot play the game. Additionally, you will need the latest Visual Studio as well via the Visual C++ redistributable.
Stop Steam Overlay and Steam Input
There are two very simple ways to stop both of these processes from disrupting the game. For Steam Overlay, here’s what you have to do:
- Start Steam
- Move to the Library and right-click on the game
- Choose Properties
- There will be a General section where you will have to deselect the Steam Overlay box and start the game again
When it comes to Steam Input, these are the steps:
- Having made it to the Steam Library, right-click on the game again and choose Controller
- Check ‘Disable Steam Input’ and start the Callisto Protocol
Close all background applications
Another fix that can be quick help. Players are advised to restart their system and run the Taskbar to find out which items are running.
- From the Startup area, disable everything available and start your PC again
- If the game runs smoothly, then the issue is resolved
- Players can now start their applications one by one, in order to find out who is the troublemaker
Thus, that is all players will need to know when it comes to a boatload of fixes. It will be different for all players, meaning you may have to try one or more of the methods personally. Nevertheless, the issues should be solved soon and you can enjoy the game smoothly.
Last Updated on December 3, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.