After the update of Fortnite chapter 2 season 3, Increasing Performance has become key to players. FPS is what comes to mind when we talk about performance boost. As reported by a lot of players, their FPS has dropped significantly after the update. We aim to increase that in this article. We will also be going over the in-game graphics settings needed to help in the performance boost as well.
Best graphics settings for Fortnite chapter 2 season 3
- Window Mode – Fullscreen
- Resolution – 1920×1080
- Frame Rate Limit – 240 FPS
- Quality Presets – Low
- 3D Resolution – 100%
- View Distance – Near
- Shadows – OFF
- Anti-Aliasing – OFF
- Textures – Low
- Effects – Low
- Post Processing – Low
- V-sync – OFF
- Motion Blur -OFF
- Show FPS – ON
- DirectX Version – DIRECTX 11
- Allow multithreaded Rendering – ON
- Use GPU Crash Debugging – OFF
EXTRA GAME OPTIONS
- NVIDIA HIGHLIGHTS – OFF
- PERIPHERAL LIGHTING – OFF
And Click Apply to save changes.
Other Performance (FPS) Tweaks
Game File Settings
- Go to Windows search bar and type “%appdata%”
- Click on Appdata > Local > FortniteGame > Saved > Config > Windows Client
- Right-click on GameuserSettings file
- Select Properties > Uncheck Read Only > Click OK
- Double click on GameuserSettings > Press Ctrl+F and type “bshowgrass”
- Once the text gets highlighted, put the status like “bShowGrass=False”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make all the texts with “sg.” to 0
After you are done with the above settings, Check the Read-Only by doing the same and click OK.
NOTE: Make a backup of the GameuserSettings in case you need to restore or revert back to the original.
Changing AMD and NVIDIA Settings
FOR AMD USERS
- Radeon Anti-lag – Enabled
- Radeon Chill – Disabled
- Boost – Disabled
- Image Sharpening – Enabled
- Sharpness – 80%
- Enhanced Sync – Disabled
- Wait for a vertical refresh – Always off
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multi-sampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
FOR NVIDIA USERS
- Open Nvidia Control Panel
- Select Manage 3D settings
- Click on Global Settings
- Now change the following settings:
- Threaded Optimization: On
- Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
- Low Latency Mode: Off
- Texture filtering – Quality: Performance
Update AMD and NVIDIA Graphics Drivers
Keep your computer’s graphics drivers updated.
- For NVIDIA graphics cards – install new drivers from here.
- For AMD graphics cards – install new drivers from here.
Windows Performance Options settings
- Type performance in the search bar of Windows, click on Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows from the results.
- Select the Adjust for best performance
- Click OK
Discord settings changes
- Open Discord
- Go to User Settings
- Then, go to the Appearance tab.
- Uncheck Hardware Acceleration.
Fullscreen Optimization settings
- Right-click on the desktop launcher for the game and select open file location.
- Right-click on the Fortnite application launcher.
- Select Properties
- Tick Disable full-screen optimizations on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the OK
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully. If you face any issues with the changes, revert back to the original before proceeding further. The above Tweaks and in-game graphics settings for Fortnite chapter 2 Season 3 should boost your Performance and FPS by a decent amount. Feel free to let us know your doubts or general queries via the comment section below.
That is all!