Make the gameplay experience for Jedi: fallen order as smooth as possible
After the launch of Jedi: Fallen Order globally, Higher FPS becomes key to indulge in a good gaming experience. This is attributed to some tweaks in the settings and with origin/steam overlay to ensure premium gaming experience. in this guide, we will show you some suggestive tips to do that. If you are suffering from low fps, performance issues, lag, stutter or other general issues check the Performance fix guide here.
PC specs used to test:
- CPU: i3 8100
- GPU: gtx 1660 6GB
- RAM: 16GB
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Turning off Origin overlay
- If you are experiencing low FPS, performance issues or lags, Try turning the origin overlay in-game to off.
- Then try again with it turned off.
- To turn it off press ctrl+F1 from in-game or go to origin settings > toggle the “enable origin in-game” to off.
Turning off the Steam overlay
- Turning off steam overlay can also boost your FPS significantly. If you are going through serious FPS drops, make sure to turn this off and try again.
- To Disable steam overlay, Go to Settings > Steam Overlay > In-game > Disable Steam Overlay.
In-game settings for jedi: fallen order
- Motion Blur: Off
- Film Grain: Off
- Chromatic Aberration: On
- Camera Shake: Off
- Brightness: Default
- Window Mode: Fullscreen
- Resolution: Native
- Max FPS: Monitor Default (or 144hz)
- Vsync: Off
- Dynamic Resolution Scaling: Off
- Graphic Quality: Custom
- View Distance: High
- Shadow Quality: High
- Anti-aliasing: Medium
- Texture Quality: Medium
- Visual Effects: Medium
- Post Processing: High
The above settings were fetching us around 55-60 FPS. IF you still need more juice out of your system, try to decrease the shadow quality and post-processing to medium. That should fetch you an average of 60FPS+ and smoother gameplay. The game itself is well optimized so the lags are next to none even at 55-60FPS.
If you are facing performance and lag/ stutter issues follow our general performance guide here.
Thanks for reading!