There are a lot of classic characters in the new iteration of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Titled TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge, the game brings back all four Turtles, alongside Master Splinter, April, and the new Casey Jones.
With the characters returning, there are also several bosses who are back in each Episode. Dirtbag, Chrome Dome, Metalhead are all here, and of course, Rat King.
The leader of the rats has an unclear origin story and has also served as an ally to the Turtles in some versions. However, he is pretty much an enemy in TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge.
Therefore, the following guide will help players in finding Rat King and defeat him in order to make their way through the game.
TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge – How to get to Rat King
The Rat King is the main boss of Episode 5, titled “King of the Spill.” As with all Episodes in the game, there are several challenges and secrets that players can complete. There are a total of three challenges in Episode 5, which are:
- Use traps to beat a couple of enemies.
- Use Heavy Swings and take out three Foot Clan robots.
- Avoid taking damage from obstacles throughout the entire Episode.
Furthermore, there are also three secrets in the Episode that are not mandatory but do add to the overall game’s completion rate. All of them are listed below:
- Secret Diary: This is available when you start the Episode. Simply attack the card displays which are to the right of the subway entrance.
- Disgusting Bug: Like with all Episodes, you have to destroy a box carrying the Foot Clan symbol which contains the bug.
- Genghis Cameo: You have to open the big vault door by striking the sewer valve.
Having made your way through these challenges and secrets, be prepared to meet Rat King and his army of rats.
TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge – How to beat Rat King
Rat King has three major attacks that will come your way.
- He will hold you, swing you around, and throw you in a different direction.
- A fast kick that is tough to dodge if you are standing too near Rat King.
- Calling upon a horde of rodents that can overwhelm players, and even bite at them.
In order to fight Rat King, be mobile and avoid the attacks by the rats. If you are bitten, you will be stunned, and allow Rat King to have his way with you.
Furthermore, if you dodge his running attacks, the boss will collapse after striking walls. Make sure to maximize this opportunity and strike Rat King to your heart’s content until he is defeated.
Last Updated on July 10, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.