A Plague Tale: Requiem is an action-adventure, survival, and first-person exploration game. You start your journey into a brutal, breathtaking world, and discover the cost of saving those you love in a desperate struggle for survival. Strike from the shadows or unleash hell with a variety of weapons, tools, and unearthly powers.
Along with the plethora of Powers, and Skills to unlock, you also get the chance to customize the settings from inside the game to make your experience better. There is, however, one issue. I was not able to find any option inside the game to disable Filmgrain, Depth of Field, or Vignette. These are required to optimize the game even more.
In this guide, I will show you how you can disable Depth of Field, Vignette, and Filmgrain in A Plague Tale: Requiem. I suggest you take a backup of the settings file before making any of the changes. This will ensure that you can restore the files in case something happens.
How To Turn Off Vignette, Depth of Field, and Filmgrain in A Plague Tale: Requiem
As you may have noticed, Depth of Field can cause blurry visuals when it comes to graphics in-game. I found this one particularly irritating so I wanted to turn this off. You can also turn off Vignette and Filmgrain along with that if you want to. Here are the steps to do that:
- Close A Plague Tale: Requiem first!
- GO to C:\Users\%UserName%\Documents\My Games\A Plague Tale Requiem
- Right-click on the “ENGINESETTINGS” file in the A Plague Tale Requiem folder.
- Click the “Open with“
- Select Notepad and hit OK.
- Scroll down and change the Enabled value under the DOF line to 0 (Enabled 0). This will help you turn off the Depth of Field inside the game.
- Change the FilmGrain value to 0 (FilmGrain 0). This turns off Filmgrain for you.
- After that, change the Vignette value to 0 (Vignette 0). This will disable Vignette effects for you.
- Press Ctrl + S keys to save the file. Alternatively, close the file and it will prompt the option to save it. Do that and you are done!
Here is an illustrative Image showing the same:
Alternative Location for “ENGINESETTINGS” – Note that: The ENGINESETTINGS file may also be located on your computer at C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\A Plague Tale Requiem
How To View File if It is Hidden
If you are unable to view the AppData folder, click the View on the top bar, and then select the Hidden items (on Windows 11: View > Show > select Hidden items). Here is an image showing you how to access this location:
If you follow the instruction above step by step, you should now be able to play the game with that Blurriness or any unwanted effects. Make sure to save any changes made to the Settings File. Also, be sure to restore from a backed-up original file if anything goes wrong or you simply want to revert back the changes.
That would be all from this guide. For more such posts, stick to our A Plague Tale: Requiem Guides Section.
Thanks for dropping by!
Last Updated on October 19, 2022
A computer science graduate by qualification, Zoid loves to keep himself updated with the latest gaming content related to PC, Android, and other platforms as well. Likes to keep his diet and health in check from time to time!