If you enjoy playing Chernobylite, then the latest free content called Monster Hunt will surely excite you. This is one of the many free content updates coming to Chernobylite.
It’s Monster Hunt Season in Chernobylite as the first of many Free Content Updates arrives! Plus, fans can add a Spooky Twist to their combat with the new Autumn Dread Weapon Skins Pack, both Available Now.
As per the roadmap goes there is a lot to list as well so keep reading this guide to know the details…
Chernobylite: Monster Hunt DLC Update and Future Roadmap
Monster Hunter Update and DLC packs
Video game publisher All in! Games and development studio The Farm 51 have brought the first of several Free Content Updates for Chernobylite — “Monster Hunt”.
This Free Content Update introduces three brand new monsters to the deadly array of challenges in the zone, the toughest you’ll encounter yet. Each comes with its own unique abilities, so you’d better be prepared if you want to survive. Chernobylite is available now with a 20% discount on Steam.
In addition, the new Autumn Dread Pack will add some scary style to your combat with new weapon skins available for all weapon types in the game.
Grab the Autumn Dread Weapon Skin Pack for PC (Steam) for just $3.99/€3.29/£2.89. The Autumn Dread Pack will come to other PC platforms as well as consoles later this year.
Now Talking about the Mega Patch Update, there is a lot to cover here so I will be discussing them one by one. As the Developers promised, they will support Chernobylite long after its release, and they intend to keep their word.
This is the first in a series of free DLCs they have prepared for players. The optional missions will give you the opportunity to face new monsters and replenish your Chernobylite supplies. Check out the trailer for that as well
- Feral Chernohost – This monster usually spawns outdoors. When you see its green, glowing head, it means survival is about to get real. Feral Chernohost is extremely fast and it’s hard to escape him running in a straight line – try running in a zig-zag instead.
- Overgrown Duster: It can spawn anywhere, as long as there’s a flat surface, so watch out for building rooftops or decayed vehicles. It’s small and attacks from a distance, which helps it blend into the background, making the monster even more dangerous. Overgrown Duster has also the ability to disappear.
Ancient Shadow: It usually spawns indoors and likes to hide in the dark corners of buildings, so bring your flashlight and don’t get lost. Ancient Shadow is slow, but don’t be fooled – the monster can gain speed by glitching when moving.
Re-Designed black stalkers
- The Black Stalker has been heavily redesigned. He is now actively looking for the player. When defeated, he won’t respawn on the same day, and his strength scales with the strength of the storm.
Several Bug Fixes
There are a lot of bug fixes done by the developers. I won’t be going over all of them, but I will list some of them to start with:
- Sometimes the loot screen was visible for too long. Fixed now!
- Items brought by your companions when the inventory is full will no longer disappear, but will be placed on the ground instead.
- We have corrected the wrong names of some containers.
- An indicator might occasionally not show up on some containers, when the player was in sprinting mode. The Devs have mended this.
- The lockpick icon would sometimes not display correctly. This has been fixed.
- When giving away meals, the companion status would sometimes not display correctly. Fixed!
- The Black Stalker will now be highlighted by the PDA if we have the appropriate bonus.
- Fixed a very rare bug where one of the crystals on the fractal timeline would not change its colour, making it very difficult to return to reality.
- The poison that we could use to poison Kozlov would not disappear from the inventory. That has now been fixed!
- The blocker that was triggered by very fast skipping through dialogues is also fixed now [Meeting with Tarakan]
- Fixed a blocker that was triggered by running in and out of the apartment without interacting with Tarakan. [Meeting with Tarakan]
- Soldiers should no longer get lost in front of the Tarakan’s block. [Meeting with Tarakan]
- Voice in the woods: They fixed a bug that was blocking the interaction with the food crate when loading save at a very specific moment.
- Heist: Sometimes Igor was unable to use the explosives, even though he did have them. Fixed this as well!
- Hermit: We corrected collisions to make it impossible to miss the key elements of the quest.
DLC Roadmap and Upcoming Updates
As you can see from the above image, this will be the new MONSTER HUNTER update. This will have new monsters and new side missions for players to do. As the developers had promised, they would be providing free content throughout the year all they way till Q4 of 2022.
As we can see, the next update comes in the forms of GHOST TOWN. There will be a New map known as Pripyat, Side Missions, and a Content Pack. I am guessing that the content pack will be paid, and we will have to wait and see what is in store this Christmas. Here are the next updates as planned:
- Q1 2022 – BLUE FLAMES – Memories of You: new activities and events, Silent Assassin: New Weapon, Chernobylite: Enhanced Edition, New Cosmetics, and Content Pack.
- Q2 2022 – RED TREES – Ghost of the past: new story missions, Cooling Tower: New Map and Side Missions, New Cosmetics, Content Pack
- Q3 2022 – GREEN WALLS – Gate of Madness: New Game Mode, Brute Force: New Weapon, New VR Map and Side Activity, Content Pack
- Q4 2022 – BLACK SMOKE – Farewell, My Doll: New Events, Brothers in Arms: New Game Mode, Extras, Content Pack
Chernobylite is a science-fiction survival horror RPG, set in the hyper-realistic, 3D-scanned recreation of Chernobyl’s Exclusion Zone.
You’ll take on the role of Igor, a physicist and ex-employee of the Chernobyl Power Plant, returning to Pripyat to investigate the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée, 30 years prior.
Compete with a hostile military presence and other stalkers, face supernatural creatures as well as a harsh and unforgiving environment in your search to uncover the truth.
Get ready for a thrilling adventure of survival, conspiracy, horror, love, and obsession. Will you survive your fears?
That is all I am sharing in this guide for Chernobylite: Monster Hunt DLC Update and Roadmap. Do let me know how you are enjoying the game. Are you ready for all the free content soon to come in Chernobylite?
If so then do comment down below. I will be sure to reply and have a chat with you via the same. Leave your thoughts and doubts in the comment section also.
You can follow us on Twitter and drop a like on Facebook to get the latest update on gaming guides.
I also have a YouTube channel where I upload the latest gaming content for PC and Android. Feel free to check that out at your own leisure. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!
The information was provided by the Developers The Farm 51 and the current Chernobylite PR Team. They hold the right for the images and the video used in this post.
In case if you need to use these images and videos, do take prior permission from them before doing so.
Last Updated on January 15, 2022
A computer science graduate by qualification, Zoid loves to keep himself updated with the latest gaming content related to PC, Android, and other platforms as well. Likes to keep his diet and health in check from time to time!