The return of the Saints Row franchise has been warmly accepted with players diving into the open-world shooter. I am quite enjoying myself going over the familiar and new haunts, with many additional characters.
There is a great deal of excitement when players are batting the conditions and overcoming adversaries, sometimes together.
Yes, the game has brought back the co-op Multiplayer mode, which is more expansive than ever. Players can hop onto missions with teammates and even wreck havoc as they wish.
I am reveling in the joy of the co-op feature, which has become my favorite mode. Therefore, I break down the mechanics of getting started in Multiplayer mode below.
Saints Row: How to start and play Multiplayer Mode
As soon as you open the game, the co-op menu is available on the main screen. You can choose between the “Campaign” and “Co-op Campaign,” with the former being the normal style missions. Here are the full details regarding how to get started:
- The first thing you have to do is determine whether you are hosting a game or joining another
- Hosting means to restart an already saved game with someone else and continue where you left off
- However, if you are starting a new one, it will all be from the beginning.
I opened up the pause menu and chose ‘Co-op’ which allowed me to invite friends. The same goes for joining a game, with the pause or main menu giving the full friends list.
I also tried getting on a random game through the game’s “Matchmaking” option, that has no limits and the thrill of the unknown.
Here are some more options for the whole mode:
- Players can change a multitude a settings from the “Co-op Settings” menu
- You will be able to modify your privacy level, whether to keep friendly fire, HQ customization, and even Pranking, which will come online soon
- However, players looking for cross-play are out of luck as PC and console players mix
- Nevertheless, playing across different generations of the game is still possible, like PS4 and PS5. You will still need a subscription of PlayStation Plus
- Another downside is if you are like me with a lot of friends playing, you can only choose one of them to join.
Thus, that is all I have for you today regarding the Multiplayer Mode in Saints Row 2022. It is a great addition which will give you a lot more adventures and pervasive action.
However, the limits are pretty constraining, but the Matchmaking option can be a boon in disguise as you progress.
Last Updated on August 25, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.