For Baldur’s Gate 3 players, the Local Rat has a mini side quest for you to complete, and this guide will show you the location of the local rat. This sidequest is kind of hidden so you can miss out on this one.
In case you do miss it, here is a guide for it. Rat is a hostile or non-hostile animal. They can be found hostile as one if not the first creature to kill as a part of the Reevor’s Storehouse quest during Prologue in Candlekeep Storehouse.
They can also be found non-hostile in Beregost Cave or Nashkel Mines. Read on…
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Local Rat Location (sidequest)
Where to find the local rat
- The location of the Local Rat is in Silvanus’ Grove near the blacksmith and makeshift prison.
- If you succeed in the animal handling check it will give you 3 options. Pick option 2.
- This will then lead you to the storage area.
- The rat wants you to open the chest in the storage
- Make sure that you succeed in convincing the Tiefling Pandirna to allow you to stay in the storage.
- You don’t need to cure her legs off the paralyzed condition to open the chest.
- Simply sneak next to it and open it. After
- Once you open the chest, talk to the Local Rat again and it will disappear.
If you follow these carefully, you will complete the short sidequest for the rat!
Local Rat Mini Quest Bug Fix
Basically what this bug does is stops the progress if you talk to the rat first before healing the lady in the room. There is a very simple way to go around this problem. First of all, enter the area but make sure to not touch any object or interact with anything in the room.
You DO NOT want her to remain friendly. If that happens, the sidequest for the local rat gets bugged out. The correct way to go about doing this is:
- Enter the room and heal the lady first.
- After you are done with that sneak around her and loot the chest in that area.
- Take note that you can talk to the local rat at any point in time after this.
- If you do this in the order which is shown, the chances of the local rat quest bugging out will not occur.
- Alternatively, you can also revisit this area after you are done destroying the grove or saving it.
- Go past the goblin in the Tiefling’s makeshift prison.
- After you have done that, jump across the ledge to the hidden door.
- Now jump again, and go around back up to the statue.
- Then jump onto the roof and climb down in through there.
This is an alternate method to sneak behind for the coveted loot in that area.
Rat Form in Baldur’s Gate 3
In the Rat form, gained through the Cloak of the Sewers, the polymorphed character obtains the following stats:
- Resistances: 90% to all physical damage; present resistances to other damage types may still apply
- Strength: 18/00
- Damage: 1d2+4 slashing damage (no STR bonus)
- Attacks per round: 2, thanks to the passive Normal Haste effect
- Armor Class: 10 – not modified by dexterity, but other modifiers apply
NOTE: This post has been updated recently.
That is all I am sharing in this guide. Comment down below if you face any issues or have any suggestions regarding the guide. For more of Baldur’s Gate 3 guides, check out our other posts. Thanks for viewing and we will see you in the next one!
You can follow us on Twitter and drop a like on Facebook to get the latest update on guides for Mobile Games, PC Games, Fixes, and Settings. I also have a YouTube channel where I upload the latest gaming content for PC and Android. Feel free to check that out at your own leisure.
Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!