Hi, and thanks for reading my guide. I’ve been playing Stanley ever since the original Half-Life 2 mod came out. I’ve just finished Ultra Deluxe and wanted to help new players access the TEST achievement.
However, since everything is very much new and undocumented, consider this guide an ongoing work in progress. A brief to-do list specifying the most likely criteria which unlock the TEST achievement has been included here. This guide contains very vague spoilers.
How To Unlock The Test Achievement In The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
The main challenge is simply the fact that the developers were much more successful at locking the game content up this time. As a seasoned user of the Source engine, I was familiar with the tips & tricks one can use for 2013 Stanley to access and dig into the game files.
I’m not as familiar with Unity so I have no technical insight into what variables trigger which behaviors; this is simply based on my own observations.
If you find out anything that I haven’t added or specified in this guide, please leave a comment. Finally, this guide contains highly vague allusions to the game’s story and content. As such if you’re sensitive to spoilers you should not read this walk-through.
How To Get The Achievement: Steps
- You need to progress to a point where the first “New Content” room opens before the two-door hall.
- This requires between 2 and 3 rounds of the game if you select You’ve Played Stanley Parable Before; and more if you select You Haven’t.
- You should progress to the expo hall in the “New New Content” room and acquire the bucket and Stanley figurine. This will cause the menu screen to change to “Stanley Parable 2”.
- Then you have to acquire all of the Stanley figurines, and then progress through the special Stanley figurine map.
- You should now see a new menu option saying “Epilogue”.
- Acquiring all 6 figures will unlock the epilogue.
- Click “Epilogue”.
Things to try if you are having trouble:
- You may have to restart the game client several times, in order to interact with the Author concerning the clocks, sliders and the human perception of time.
- Afterward, you must agree to the Author’s proposal regarding the game’s menu screen.
- You must then begin another run of the game.
- Then you will initially return to “New Content” and will have to sit through a whole round.
- After this, the “New Content” door will permanently open with a poster in the hallway with directions towards the expo hall.
- The neon sign will no longer be there, so don’t worry.
- Return to the achievement chamber inside the expo hall, and pull the lever.
- You now have the achievement.
Once you have the bucket, and if you pick it up, the majority of endings are altered by its presence and will be highly different. Two examples worth noting are: the infamous escape pod ending does something if you bring the bucket to it, and this will also affect the Epilogue.
The red-blue door ending leading to the game-ending will result in a totally different ending if you bring the bucket. The menu is affected by your use of the cat and dog slider.
With this now I conclude my guide here. You can follow us on Twitter and drop a like on Facebook to get the latest update on guides for Mobile Games, PC Games, Fixes, and Settings.
We also have a YouTube channel where we upload the latest gaming content for PC and Android. Feel free to check that out at your own leisure. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading.
Last Updated on May 24, 2022
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!