The Uncharted franchise is one of the most well-known and well-played in the gaming domain. It has always attracted a varied fan base due to the adventure-style action and journeying around the Earth. The same is the case for the new pair of games released today itself. The Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection consists of two big launches: Uncharted 4 – A Thief’s End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.
While both games were out on the consoles, this will be the first time that PC players get in on the action to explore everything present in the two games. However, it has not been a smooth ride so far on its maiden day. There have been recurring problems with the controllers which are failing to pickup the game play, leaving them useless.
In that regard, it is important to solve this issue as soon as possible so that it does not hinder the future of the game. Therefore, the following guide will help players in solving their problems with the controllers.
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection – How to fix controller problem on PC
The problems seem to persist with controllers for PS4 and PS5, both of which have become a staple for the gaming community. Therefore, the serious nature of the issue means you will want to solve it quickly, and here are some steps to do the same:
Go for a wired cable in place of Bluetooth or wireless
An old-school solution for gamers over the years. It has often been observed that wireless controllers misbehave during games which can be the issue here as well. You should try using a wired controller as Bluetooth will need a plugin or a different software for it to function on the PC. However, this is not a fail-safe solution so you would want to make sure of the other methods as well.
Playing through Epic Games
For players who have been playing through the Epic Games store, you go through the below steps:
- Choose “Add a game” from the Steam Library
- Select “Add a Non-Steam Game” from the dropdown menu
- Go to “Epic Games Launcher” before choosing “Add Selected Programs”
- Now you can make use of the present controller from Epic Games too which should allow you to solve the connectivity issue.
Playing through Steam
For players opting for Steam, the problem has mostly been occurring through Dualsense controllers which need you to turn off Steam data. However, that may not be easy for everyone and this is how to go about it:
- You will need to shut down the game, no matter if it is on or not
- Now open Steam and make your way to Library
- Right-click the “Uncharted Legacy of Thieves” collection
- Choose “Properties” and then “Controller”
- From the dropdown menu, make sure you disable “steam input” which will see your controller working now
- Start the game again and hopefully your game is now working with the desired controller.
Thus, that is all the information players may need to solve the controller issue. Additionally, you would want to remove the usage of applications like DS4, DSX, and DualSense X on your PC. These have been found to regularly sabotage the running of the controller and prevent it from being detected in the game.
Last Updated on October 21, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.