Whether you’re a new or a veteran CS: GO player, you should be no stranger to the importance of Launch Options when playing the game. These Launch Options can be used for a variety of reasons, whether you’re looking to improve FPS or looking to get an edge in combat.
In this guide, we’re gonna take a look at some of the best CS: GO launch options to use in 2022 in order to improve your CS: GO performance and maximize your chances to win gunfights against enemies.
How to Set Launch Options in CS: GO
Before we get started with the launch options, it’s important to know how you can set launch options in CS: GO.
- Find CS: GO in your Steam library.
- Right-click on CS: GO and select Properties
- Go to the ‘General’ tab and click on ‘Set Launch Options’
- Enter the commands and press OK
- Launch CS: GO
Best Launch Options for CS: GO in 2022
Over the past few years, the best Launch Options for CS: GO have changed with all the updates that Valve has brought to the title. Here are some of the best Launch Options for CS:GO that you can use right now in 2022:
- –fullscreen: To always launch CS: GO in fullscreen mode.
- +r_dynamic 0: Improves in-game performance.
- -tickrate 128: This allows you to run 128-tick servers on your PC.
- +fps max 0: Removes the FPS cap and can improve FPS in some cases.
- +cl_showfps 1: Shows your FPS in-game.
- -novid: Skips the short starting video
- -nojoy: Disables joystick. Can improve performance in some cases.
- +r_drawparticles 0 : Increases FPS.
- +cl_forcepreload 1: Forces your PC to load map textures and objects while loading, can improve performance mid-game.
- -lv: Low violence mode. Can improve performance in some cases.
Best CSGO Launch Options
There aren’t any settings that are the best for everyone. It’s smart to try out the default condition first, get used to it, and then change things as you get used to them. The best launch options in the future are those that remove all the technical hassles for you.
- -novid -tickrate 128 +fps_max 0 -nojoy
Best CS: GO Launch Options for FPS
Frame per second (fps) – this is quite a significant aspect for gamers. If the picture on the screen is large, and the game is slow to load, it will be harder for people to navigate, and if there is a long wait, your performance can drop.
The Launch Options FPS settings can improve frames per second for your computer by removing some of the game’s graphical features. Don’t run the following command unless you’re experiencing issues with FPS.
Otherwise, you’d be better off sticking with the defaults. To increase the performance of low-power PCs, change your graphics settings in the game menu.
- +fps_max 0 +mat_disable_fancy_blending 1 +cl_forcepreload 1 +r_dynamic 0 -limitvsconst +cl_showfps 1
In these launch commands, you remove max limit for FPS (+fps_max 0); disable various aesthetic features of the virtual world (+mat_disable_fancy_blending 1); enable preloading all virtual objects before a match starts (+cl_forcepreload 1); turn off dynamic lightning (+r_dynamic 0); limit vertex shaders (-limitvsconst); and activate showing FPS during CS:GO matches (+cl_showfps 1).
You can combine these FPS commands with our set of the best launch options.
That is all we are sharing in this guide for the best launch options for CS: GO in 2022. We will be updating this post if we see significant changes being made to the game or it may also change with any future patch or update. Thanks for dropping by!
Last Updated on June 6, 2022
When he’s not busy throwing CS:GO games, raging in DoTA 2, or grinding Black Desert Online, Fate can be seen binging Netflix for no less than four hours in a row.