Published: February 7, 2022 | Last Updated On: May 24, 2022
This is a two-part guide that deals with two unique and separate issues in Dying Light 2 Stay Human. The first part of the guide teaches you how to rebind keys in the game and the second part shows you how to disable head bobbing.
This highly anticipated game of 2022 is not without its major share of problems. I will try to address as many issues as I can through my guides. So have a little patience and check these out.
How To Disable Head Bob and Rebind Keys in Dying Light 2
If you like me, think B stands for Backpack and not Binoculars, you will have to change the game files to alter your keybinds, because Binoculars are not in the options/keybinds.
Imagine moving your hand away from WASD to open inventory on “I”. “I” wanted to swap B and “I” keys around. “I”, because it’s only used for one thing and won’t cause other problems. And you rarely use Binoculars, so it’s fine to move the WASD hand.
How to Rebind Keys
You will need a program like WinZip (I use 7-Zip) to open the data archive. So get one of these if you don’t have one. Next, find your DL2 Data file and open it with the previously mentioned program. Just follow the path here:
Steamapps/common/Dying Light 2/ph/source
Next, find the inputs_keyboard.scr file, right-click and select edit.
You can find it through:
Steamapps/common/Dying Light 2/ph/source/data0.pak/scripts/inputs/
I am not sure why steam insisted that this be a link.
Now you have to search for the button you want to change, so in my case B and I. Search for “EKey__B” and change it to what you want. And if something else is bound to your desired key, make sure you go all the way to the top of the document and search for the new key. In my case, I, so “EKey__I” and change it to “EKey__B”.
And that’s all there is to it. Close your inputs_keyboard.scr file and it will ask if you want to save it, click Yes. The Zip program will then ask if you want to update the archive, again click Yes. Just make sure ALL the keybinds are changed.
It seems like mouse button 4 and higher is not supported by the game as default, so I added the line; to the inputenums.def file at the very bottom and now I can use it for ACTION/USE/EQUIPMENT.
How To Disable Head Bobbing
Now we come to the second part of the guide where you just need to follow a few quick steps to get your head bob off.
- Go to your Game Location ( D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light 2\ph\source).
- Inside the “Source” folder you will find 5 files, what you are looking for is the “data0” file.
- Open the “data0” file with Winrar or another similar program.
- Once inside the “data0” folder, you want to look around for a folder called “scripts”.
- Inside the “scripts” folder find the folder called “player”.
- Inside the “player” folder search for a file called “player_variables.scr”.
- Before you open that file, make sure to rename the .scr to .txt otherwise you won’t be able to edit the file.
- After completing this step go inside the file and use the Search function and search for “HeadBobFactor”.
- Edit the “1” to a “0” and save it.
- Rename the same File from .txt back to .scr (this step may not be mandatory).
- You’re done, Head Bobbing should now be disabled.
Try these out and leave a comment to let me know your feedback. You can follow us on Twitter and drop a like on Facebook to get the latest update on guides for Mobile Games, PC Games, Fixes, and Settings.
I also have a YouTube channel where I upload the latest gaming content for PC and Android. Feel free to check that out at your own leisure. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!