In this guide, I will present you with THE BEST controller and camera settings for FIFA 22 Ultimate Team and Casual Modes also. Picking your controller and camera settings can be a tough process if you don’t know what all the information means. If you seek all the details I will be explaining that to you in this post. This content comes to the credit of EA Play Pro Early access. if you also want to get early access, make sure to own Play Pro via Origin and Download FIFA 22 on PC.
Best Camera and Controller Settings for FIFA 22 Ultimate Team
- The best option Here is to Turn ON the Competitive master switch. This will help you a lot, especially in competitive matches to maneuver well. Take note that this setting turns on automatically as soon as you enter online modes and matches. This is crucial to win those clutch games, so a great feature on the part of FIFA and EA.
The rest of the options will turn off as you can see from the above image. You can only toggle Auto Shots to ON or OFF after you Turn ON the Competitive Master Switch. A pretty useful and unique feature in my opinion. Even though these options will be off for your competitive play, I will be explaining the points nonetheless in case you decide to play around with them:
ATTACK AND DEFENSE
- Agile Dribbling: In FIFA 22, you need to Press R1/RB to manually initiate agile dribbling this year.
- Auto Clearances: The players will have an AI to auto clear potentially risky balls which are a threat to your defense.
- Auto Flair Pass: Similar to auto clearances, this will also give the player AI the ability to curve and flair the pass around opponents to avoid any obstruction.
- Shots [Auto]: Players will perform decisive shots in the needed direction if this is turned on.
- Assisted Headers: This will be off for you on competitive Ultimate Team plays. This helps the player AI to do passes and shots in the correct direction if this option is turned on. This is mainly useful for casual gaming experiences. I would not recommend this in competitive levels of play.
- Jockey: This helps you stay close to the opponent. You will not get any directional assistance if you turn this on. Also, an option that is OFF for most parts of your online gaming.
- Through Pass Assistance: Enables the AI to flair and thread the pass properly to avoid any opponents. This is not recommended for online play since this can be intercepted easily. This should be put to Semi Assisted to get the most out of it.
- Defending: Tactical defending should be the setting in this option. This helps you to tackle properly and maintain your position while doing so. Legacy settings will give you the settings of previous FIFA titles. This new system of defending is unique to FIFA 22.
OTHER ARBITRARY SETTINGS
- FIFA Trainer: Hide – If you are new to FIFA and starting off with 22, try the game with this ON. This will help you in understanding the game better. For those who already know the game, there is no need for this option.
- Timed Finishing: This is a unique feature and I highly recommend that you keep this ON. When you press “Shoot” and press “Shoot” again, this option gives you a better-timed shot to be precise with your aim. This will give you a better chance of scoring and controlling the game.
- Next Player Switch Indicator: This will simply switch the player to the closest one to the ball. You need this ON, especially for defensive plays and tactics. This will come in very handy to contain an aggressive push.
- Pass Block Assistance: Turn this to ON if you struggle with defense. This is personal preference and having either of them is not a bad idea.
- Auto Switching: If you are in the process of learning the game, set this to Air balls and loose balls. Once you get a good grip of the game, you can do a manual setting or put this to Air Only.
- Auto Switching Move Assistance: Keep this to None if you already have a grip of the game. For a new player, I would recommend the Low option. This will give you some assistance from the AI to contain an attacker with your defender.
- Clearance Assistance: Set this to directional to decide which way to clear manually. Putting on Classic will have a random clearance direction, which I do not recommend for FIFA 22.
- Player Lock: This should be always ON.
- Icon Switching: This is optional. I have this to ON for testing purposes.
- Right Stick Switching: Player Relative is the setting I am using so far for other FIFA titles. if I find a better option I will let you know and update the post.
- Ground Pass Assistance: Assisted
- Shot Assistance: Assisted
- Cross Assistance: Assisted or Semi. Since crossing is very prominent in FIFA 22 this year, you can control that somewhat using Semi as well.
- Lob Pass Assistance: Manual is the settings I go with. You need precision to do this but if you get that right, it is worth it.
- Save Assistance: Keep this to Assisted. This will save you the headache of having to control the GK in the midst of a chaotic defense.
- Analog Sprint: Turn this to ON. This is a personal preference. This helps you to control the players better depending on how deep you are pressing the analog stick.
- Pass Receiver Lock: Set this to “Early” to make quick plays. Another option where you can change as per your taste.
Here is a video showing the same:
To change the camera settings to go the game settings from the main menu. After that press R2 once to take the screen to the camera settings option. Here are the changes:
- Single Player Camera: Co-op
- Multiplayer Camera: Co-op
- Locked to the player camera: Default [EA Sports GameCam]
- Pro Club Camera: Default [EA Sports GameCam]
- Be a Keeper Camera: Pro
- Camera Settings: Custom
- Height: 17
- Zoom: 3
- Pro Cam Zoom: 10
- Speed: 10
- Swing: 10
The only alternative change I can suggest here is putting the single-player camera to Broadcast, and putting the Height to 20 and Zoom to 0. Other than that the rest of the settings remains the same, and I do not think there is any change you need to do which can make a significant difference in gameplay.
That is all you need to do to get the best Controller and Camera Settings for FIFA 22. Let me know if this guide has helped you in any way. Also, leave your thoughts and questions down in the comment section below. Thanks for reading and I will see you soon with more FIFA 22 content so stay posted for them. I also have a youtube channel where I put out the latest gaming content so feel free to check that out as well. Take care and have a good one ahead!