The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom runs reasonably well for the hardware it’s on, although it’s not without performance issues and the occasional FPS dip. So, for those who want the smoothest experience possible, we’ve compiled a list of useful techniques to boost your FPS and eliminate lag.
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Low FPS & Performance Fix
You can enhance the FPS in Tears of the Kingdom by doing the following:
Play docked mode
When you play in docked mode, the Switch’s GPU can run at a higher capacity because it isn’t reliant on the battery. As a result, it should run more smoothly, significantly, if the resolution is reduced.
While in docked mode, reduce the resolution. You can adjust the resolution in the settings menu if you must play docked. Follow these steps to alter the resolution:
- On your Home Screen, navigate to System Settings (the cogwheel icon).
- Scroll down till you come to TV Output.
- Move the joystick to the left and press A to pick TV Resolution. Change the resolution to 720p.
- If you’re still getting low FPS, try switching to 480p.
- To accept, press A.
Set your Switch to flight mode or disable WiFi. Because the system utilises a lot of processing power when attempting to connect to the internet, this technique helped reduce lag in this game. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Navigate to System Settings from your Home Screen.
- Scroll down until you come across Flight Mode.
- To activate Flight Mode, move the joystick to the left and hit A.
Unfortunately, if these solutions do not work, there are very few alternative options. Tears of the Kingdom is a massive game, Nintendo’s largest to date, and as such, it takes a lot of resources to run. Given the size and scale of its open world, including fully explorable and extensive dungeons, it’s a wonder it’s even operating on Switch.
Last Updated on May 18, 2023
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!