There have been a few teething issues surrounding Modern Warfare 2‘s battle royale offering Warzone 2.0. Players will have the chance to fight it out with their teammates and collect huge amounts of loot as a prize. It has the brand-new Al Mazrah map along with completing jobs that will offer you more benefits as you progress.
There’s extra good news for those who have purchased the Vault Edition of the game in the form of the FJX Cinder Weapon Vault, 141 Red Operator Packs, a special Battle Pass, and 50-Tier Skips.
Nevertheless, the experience has not been smooth and one of the main problems that have emerged is the game_ship.exe error. There are a few ways with which you can resolve the problem, some of which are simple while others involve a few more steps, and the following guide lists what players can attempt to get the game back on track.
To add to these, the fixes will work for both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0 so you can solve your problems at both ends.
Modern Warfare 2: Warzone 2.0 – How to solve game_ship exe.error
Playing Warzone 2.0 in administrator mode
- Players will have to go into their Steam Library and right-click on the game name
- Choose Properties and then Local Files
- Move around till you reach the game app and select Compatibility through the Properties tab
- You will have to execute this selection as the administrator before enabling the system to play the game again
Getting Windows to the newest update
- Use your Search option to look for updates and get to the newest version before starting the game
Improve your graphics card
Driver updates are necessary to optimize the games that you play. That is because the developers tend to release specific game drivers along with them.
- Players on Nvidia will have to open https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/ in order to get the application on their system and then log in to update the graphics drivers
- Players on AMD will have to follow a similar procedure by going to https://www.amd.com/en/support and getting the application before seeing the details to update the graphics card
Letting Warzone 2.0 through antivirus
Go to your PC settings and open Windows Security before choosing the Virus protection menu. There will be the option of managing ransomware by letting an app access your system normally. This is where you will have to add the game folder, including the Steam or Battle.net library, and then open it all together.
- Once you are done, open the Windows Defender Firewall via the Control Panel
- You will have to repeat the previous procedure by allowing the game through and changing the original settings which may have been causing the problem
- The final step is to switch off your real-time protection through Settings and manage it to not block the game intermittently
Read also: How to solve Friend Request error in MW2
Resolve faulty game files
Players who have gotten the game from Steam will have to go to the Library and choose the game. Select Properties and then Local Files before left-clicking on “Verify integrity of game files…” and then restart the game. Players who have downloaded the game from Battle.net will have to open it up and select the game
- Then move to Options which has Scan and Repair to begin scanning game files
Stop overlays and then fix the problem
If you are on Steam, choose the game and then Properties to find the Steam Overlay option and disable it. Go to Nvidia GeForce Experience’s general settings and stop the in-game overlay option. You can also clear your Steam cache by going to Settings and inside the Download tab.
- Take out the racing wheel of Logitech or Thrustmaster
- If you are on AMD, finish the Razer Synapse or the MSI Dragon Center
- Finally, shut down all your open tabs and start the game again
Thus, that is all the information players will need when it comes to resolving this irritating problem to enable seamless gameplay. Do remember that it may take a combined effort of a few methods to game back up and running. That is why you should never stop at just one step and keep applying the solutions wherever needed.
Last Updated on November 25, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.