This guide contains things to avoid doing in Shatterline. Please note that this guide is under Early Access and will be updated as long as the game’s creators continue to provide new updates.
This manual will assist you to avoid doing certain things while Shatterline is active as an application. If you would like to contribute to this guide, contact me in the comments and I’ll add you as a contributor since I intend to decentralize it out in general.
A List of Things to Not Do in Shatterline
Fast-paced free-to-play first-person shooter Shatterline has a roguelike cooperative mode (Expedition) in addition to various classic PvP game modes like TDM, Conquest, Plant-the-Bomb, and Escort.
When on a loading screen, avoid using ALT+TAB.
Shattering is a slightly improved version of the old Source games with poor PC ports. While all Source games freaked out into kernel panics if you alt+tabbed while they were running as fullscreen applications for macOS (Team Fortress 2 being a great example), Shatterline freaks out and freezes into a black screen when it is loading.
Testing: To quickly check this out, launch the game while it is still on the loading screen with the strange minigun lady from the thumbnail by pressing Alt+Tab.
The game will remain locked and not start the introductory video again until you alt+tab back into it. The game will resume as usual after you alt+tab back into it. Under Fullscreen circumstances, this is the situation.
- Alt+tabing right away after a match ends could result in an unceremonious expulsion from a PvE or PvP server because of a failed connection.
- You don’t need to hard reset your rig’s power if you alt+tab in the middle of a loading screen. Instead, you can sign out of your account and close all open applications by using the keys Ctrl, Alt, and Delete.
- This is a faster approach to resume playing a more well-polished game.
If the error message says “Error: Connection Lost (01-00),” don’t disconnect.
Shatterline had server and login troubles right out of the gate due to the game’s early access status. One of the problems is the difficulty to log onto the game’s servers properly since a sudden increase in player numbers can easily overwhelm any server, causing some crazy behavior when it comes to accommodating players who are logging in after the sudden increase—like, way after. Indeed, even 60 minutes later.
Testing: After waiting for the loading screen to finish, the loading screen appears and displays the message “Error: Connection Lost (01-00)”. The only button is “Close,” which, unfortunately, ends the game entirely.
There is no option to switch servers mid-login, so either the developers haven’t added a feature that will let you do so at the start screen, making switching servers much more convenient, or your geographical choice is irrelevant when it comes to being logged in.
- Do nothing when “Error: Connection Lost (01-00)” appears.
- Eventually, based on the player strength of the game at that time, and after an arbitrary amount of time, you will be added to a login queue (represented by “You have been added to a queue for login kindly wait” or an equivalent).
- Basically, DO NOTHING.
Last Updated on September 14, 2022
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!