Published: June 16, 2022 | Last Updated On: June 16, 2022
In this guide, I will teach you how to avoid the game starting with the 2K launcher, which may improve performance a little. When the sun sets on the final night of summer camp, nine teenage counselors are thrown into an unpredictably terrifying night.
Only the terrible choices you must make to help them survive are worse than the blood-soaked locals and creatures hunting them. This is the story of the game. For the guide check out below.
How to Remove 2K Launcher and Improve Performance Slightly In The Quarry
How To Fix Stuttering, Lagging, and Crashing
- Locate your computer’s TheQuarry.exe file, which is usually found in your Steam library. If you have a special location for your Steam library, you probably already know where it is and don’t need a guide.
- It is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Quarry\TheQuarry.exe, but maybe a different drive.
- Launch the Steam client, navigate to your Steam library, and select The Quarry from the menu.
- Choose “Properties…” from the drop-down menu.
- A section called “LAUNCH OPTIONS” appears in the very first window that appears.
- With quote marks, copy and paste the path to your TheQuarry.exe file, then add %command% at the end. For instance: “D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Quarry\TheQuarry.exe” %command%”.
- Close the window, start the game, and you’re done!
- There’s no 2K launcher this time, and the performance is slightly better!
- If you’re still experiencing slowness and out-of-sync cutscenes, check to see if the game is installed on an SSD.
- Texture and foliage quality can also be reduced.
Every time a new scene began, it gave a poor performance. For several seconds, I was stuttering and freezing. Somewhere in the conversations, I came across this approach. It’s now entirely fixed. Even on my ancient HDD at Ultra settings with a 3060TI, I get a smooth 60 FPS.
Sometimes, the temperature drops to the ’50s in a few (very few) situations, which could be due to maximized shadows.
There appear to be other difficulties for some people, but the Launcher completely killed the game for me. Mine was freezing each scene and the audio of the cutscene would play but the visuals would be frozen and either restart or play on, once the visuals caught up.
I honestly believe the other issue might be Denuvo, as it also broke Resident Evil Village during loading until it was removed.
“Denuvo” never makes trouble for pirates but for customers. After this hopefully no more stuttering between scenes or audio falling out of sync.
The thing is, you can run a AAA game with lag and high-quality textures and foliage, or you can lower the settings and run a AAA game with no lag and slightly lower quality. Thanks for reading my guide. Have a great day!