In this guide, we will show a list of useful, and other launch options/commands in Apex Legends, for Steam. You can try some of these for Origin launcher as well, but these are mainly for steam users. If during or after any of the launch options, you face any issues, remove it from the options and play as it was before.
Useful Launch Options for Apex Legends on Steam
Words of Advice and How To
A List of all (known) launch options and their usefulness in the game are listed below. We will see if these commands are supported in the current version of Apex Legends (Season 7 – v3.02.267) or not.
Take note to disable any launch options that you suspect might cause an issue. It can be a crash or performance problem.
How to use the launch options
Go to the game launcher in Steam. Right Click on Apex Legends and select properties. Now go to set launch options and set the parameters as you like from below.
Working Launch Options (Commands)
- -full / -fullscreen – The game will always launch in Fullscreen Mode.
- -window / -windowed – Game will always launch in Windowed Mode.
- +cl_showfps 4 – show FPS in-game
- +cl_showpos 1 – show Name, Position, Angle and Velocity in-game
- +fps_max (Your preferred number) – Limit FPS to given number. Set to “1” to set the fps to the monitor’s refresh rate and set to “0” for unlimited Frame Rates.
- -high – Sets the game thread priority to high. Could lead to a performance increase but also system instability. Use at your own risk.
- -dev – Animations wont be there anymore, but can cause issues in performance. Disable/Remove this if you encounter problems.
- -novid – Does not work as of now. You can skip videos using this.
- -threads (number) – Number of CPU threads to allocate. Does not work since the game controls this.
- -freq / -refresh (number) – The settings manages this so this commands does not work.
- -console – Disables developer console in public builds of Apex Legends.
Commands needing Confirmation
- -forcenovsync – Game settings manage this option.
- -dxlevel – DirectX API version of rendering Determination option.
- -preload / -cl_forcepreload – Enables preloading of textures at game start. Since preloading is handled by the game, this option seems obsolete.
That is all we are sharing in this guide for useful commands or launch options for Apex Legends. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and we will see you in the next guide!