The complete game version of Call of Duty‘s latest game, Modern Warfare 2, is in full swing. Players are scrambling to get their hands on the latest mastery camos and a long line of trophies to go with their achievements.
Additionally, there are a number of old and new weapons with an array of attachment classes and perks that can really make your battles much better. Therefore, there is no doubt that Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) is well on its way to becoming another feather in the crown of the beloved franchise.
When it comes to acing your gameplay and making headway through the Campaign and Multiplayer mode, you will have to know your controller settings inside out. In that regard, the following guide will help players with the best controller settings for gamers on consoles.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) – What are the best controller settings
It is no surprise that players setting up their controls in an optimal manner have a massive advantage over their counterparts. This can be the tiny things like aiming in a more solid manner or reacting quickly to certain game situations, which can be the difference between winning or losing.
Of course, the other thing to keep in mind is that some gamers will do better by using other settings. This is always the case with a kind of standard setting that will not work for everyone playing the game. So, make sure you are checking your bases as to what works for you most suitably.
Therefore, you should always play multiplayer battles, which will help you learn what are the areas you need to better yourself through the settings. Once you know which particular areas you need to enhance upon, simply practice it beforehand and you are all set to roll in future battles.
However, there are some settings that will be universal for the majority of players and we have listed them below:
- Aim Down Sight: Hold
- Armor Plate Behavior: Choose one
- Interact/Reload Behavior: Select ‘reload’ as your first-choice
- Automatic Sprint: Turn it off
- Weapon Mount Activation: Melee+ADS
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Controller Vibration: Keep it on
- Button Layout: Whatever you choose
- Stick Layout Preset: Choose the default itself
- Trigger Effect (only in PS5): Turn off
- Flip L1/L2 and R1/R2: Again, as you wish
- Tablet – 1.00
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity – 5
- Third Person – 1.00
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity – 5
- Ground Vehicles – 1.00
- Sensitivity Multiplier – 1.00
- Air Vehicles – 1.00
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier – 0.90
- Vertical Aim Axis – Set all sub-options to Standard
- On Foot – Standard
- Third Person – Standard
- Ground Vehicles: – Standard
- Air Vehicles – Standard
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) – What are the advanced controller settings
Every edition of the game has an advanced category which will really help you customize the most minute things. You can really refine these aspects of your gameplay to make sure you are at the top of your powers.
The following is a list of the advanced settings you can go for in Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) which can really make the difference during battles:
- Sprinting Door Bash – On
- Grounded Mantle – On
- Parachute Auto-Deploy – On
- Invert Slide and Dive Behavior – Standard
- Automatic Airborne Mantle – Partial
- Automatic Ground Mantle – Off
- Sprint/Tactical Sprint Behavior – Toggle
- Auto Move Forward – Off
- Plunging Underwater – Movement
- Tactical Sprint Behavior – Double Tap
- Ping Wheel Delay – Moderate
- Double Tap Danger Ping Delay – Moderate
- Target Aim Assist – On
- Aim Assist Type – Default
- ADS Interruption Behavior – Interrupt
- Backpack Alternate Control – Off
- Quick C4 Detonation – Off
- ADS Stick Swap – Off
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch – On
- Weapon Mount Exit Delay – Medium
- ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing – Instant
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier – 1.00
- Custom Sensitivity Per Zoom – Off
- Aim Response Curve Type – Dynamic
- Inputs Deadzone – Only change if controller starts drifting
- Left Stick Min – 0.00
- Right Stick Min – 0.00
- Left Stick Max – 0.99
- Right Stick – 0.99
- L2/R2 Button Deadzones – 0.00
- Vehicle Camera Recenter – Short Delay
- Camera Initial Position – Free Look
Thus, that is all the information you will need to revamp your controller settings in Modern Warfare 2 (MW2). Keep in mind that you personally may have to toggle a few more things to get a really smooth game play, but these are the most basic settings which should serve you well in the beginning stages.
Last Updated on October 31, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.