The farming and sim city game Dinkum has provided to be a great hit amongst players who are fans of this genre. You are in charge of building a community from scratch, inviting residents onto the island, and interacting with everyone.
Of course, there are a number of different missions and tasks for players to enjoy as they see towns come to life. Navigating the map goes much better with vehicles around.
Read also: How to find and open Shiny Stones in Dinkum
As you discover new areas, there will be the need for reaching places quickly. Thankfully, the game allows you to make and buy vehicles as you progress.
There is also the process of having boats and aerial vehicles. However, the process can be tricky and the following guide will help players in having vehicles in Dinkum.
Dinkum: Interacting with Franklyn
As mentioned above, the island will see a lot of visitors from time to time. You yourself will be inviting John, the shop owner from whom you will be purchasing stuff.
Having cleared his debt at the Base Tent, you will soon come across Franlyn in the Visitor’s Tent. Here’s how to get vehicles from Franklyn:
- Players have to sell him Shiny Discs which will see Franklyn designing new inventions which can be later crafted in the game
- These ‘recipes’ need Shiny Discs, and consequently, players can purchase vehicles from him
- However, before the buying, you will have to have a Vehicle License from Fletch. The initial license will be valid for water-type vehicles, while you can upgrade it for other terrain as well
- Furthermore, Franlyn also sells Repair Table, Weather Station, and other stuff too.
Dinkum: Getting the Dinks
It is no surprise that the vehicles will be very costly. Players will need to have in excess of 50,000 Dinks at least to get started.
Therefore, even after unlocking a recipe, players will have to grind on for collecting the required amount of Dinks. Here are some of the best ways to get Dinks in the game:
- Go for Thunder Eggs, which can be found the day after a thunderstorm on the island. They can go for 15,000 or more Dinks in the market
- Cutting down trees will result in random drops of Bee Hives which can be sold for more than 12,000 Dinks at least
One of the major steps in selling wild animals in the game. However, the process is more tedious than the previous methods. Here is how to go about it:
- Players have to get the License for the same, and you will also get the recipes for Animal Drop Off point and Animal Trap
- The trap can be set anywhere and whenever an animal walks on it, they are trapped on it
- Once an animal is trapped, simply take it to the drop-off location
Also read: How to do Fishing in Dinkum
There are two types of animals: passive and aggressive. The former will just get on the trap by themselves as they wander. On the other hand, aggressive animals can chase you, which means you can lead them to the trap yourself.
Additionally, they have a timer before they break free from the trap, so make sure to reach the drop-off point quickly. Needless to say, these are the animals that fetch more Dinks.
Dinkum: Vehicle types
Players can craft a wooden rowing boat themselves, but the better types of vehicles can only be purchased from Franklyn. Here is the full list of vehicles you will get from him:
- Motor Bike
- Lawn Mower
- Jet Ski
Thus, this is all players have to know about buying and owning vehicles in Dinkum. They will be of great help as you go around the island on your daily tasks and move ahead in the game.
Last Updated on August 12, 2022
A FIFA junkie who can also mix it up with Call Of Duty and racing games. GTA was his first love. Now can be found spending time between writing on what he plays and playing what he will write on.