We have enjoyed playing Warhammer 40K Darktide, one of the best first-person action-adventure games to come out recently, since the day it was released.
Most gamers will join in to play Darktide because it is accessible on Game Pass; we have the best graphics settings for you to do so without stuttering or FPS drops.
Warhammer 40K Darktide – Best Graphics Settings For FPS Boost
First-person action game Warhammer 40000 Darktide was created and released by Fatshark. It is currently accessible for Xbox Series X/S and Microsoft Windows and offers a fantastic Co-op experience. You can play this game for free if you have an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
The game is set in the made-up city of Tertium, where your objective is to retake the city from the game’s savage adversaries. The game has received many excellent reviews on Steam. Anyone eager to test a new cooperative fighting game must play this one.
Most AAA gamers still utilize outdated graphics cards like the GTX 1060, GTX 1650, or RTX 2060, according to the results of the Steam Hardware Survey. Since the price of the GPU was reduced, many gamers changed their graphics cards; therefore, we did observe an increase in the use of RTX 3060 GPUs on the Steam charts.
Although bitcoin mining is less common and GPU costs have decreased, this decrease has not been as significant as anticipated. Better GPUs, such as the more expensive RTX or RX Series, are still out of the price range of a casual or intermediate gamer.
We, therefore, have the best graphics settings to fix stuttering and FPS drops in Warhammer Darktide to assist our gaming friends with outdated hardware.
Best Settings To Fix FPS Drops And Stuttering
I recommend some graphics settings for Warhammer Darktide to fix stuttering, poor frame rates, and other performance concerns.
- Field of view: 97 for HFOV and 65 for VFOV [ You are free to adjust it to suit your tastes]
- Resolution: 2560 by 1440 (2K) [Choose your default resolution]
- Display Mode: Full Screen
- V-Sync: Off (Disable it for improved performance)
- Brightness: Can be changed to suit your preferences.
- Turn ON Nvidia DLSS if you have an RTX GPU.
- Super Resolution: [When using DLSS, choose the quality at all times]
- Enable Nvidia Reflex Low Latency [To leverage the exclusive reduced latency technology from Nvidia]
- Framerate Cap: There is no need to impose a framerate cap.
- OFF for FidelityFX Super Resolution 2 [If you have an AMD GPU, turn it on]
- Super Resolution FidelityFX 1.0: Off [If you have an AMD GPU, turn it on]
- Turn on Sharpen [to make photos look crisper]
- Off for Anti-aliasing [Keep it off because performance is affected]
- Off for Ray Tracing [I kept it off to get better performance]
Advanced Graphics Settings
- Medium Ambient Occlusion Quality [Medium looks better and has no performance impact]
- High Light Quality [For improved graphics]
- Quality of Volumetric Fog: Medium
- Depth of Field: Off [Turn it on or off according to your preference]
- High Global Illumination [for better lighting of the environment]
- Bloom: Off [I didn’t enjoy Darktide’s Bloom effect]
- Skin Sub Surface Scattering should be OFF
- Off for Motion Blur [Always keep it off]
- Reflections in Screen Space: Medium
- Lens Quality: On
- Lens Quality Color Fringe: Off (This is Chromatic Aberration)
- Lens Flares: All Lights (for enhanced visibility)
- Scatter Density: 0.85 (more scatter will have an impact on performance)
- Maximum Ragdolls: Ten
- Maximum Weapon Impact Decals: 50
- Maximum Blood Decals: 50
- Lifetime of Decal: 40
Darktide Gore Settings
- Blood Decals: On
- Gibbing: On
- Enemy Wounds: On
- Ragdoll Interaction: On
How to resolve Warhammer Darktide’s stuttering, FPS drops, and lag
For Nvidia users
Download the most recent NVIDIA drivers to provide Darktide with the best possible support. You’ll require version 526.98. You can manually download and install it from this page or update it using GeForce Experience.
For AMD Users
The most recent Adrenalin 22.11.1 Optional version, which fully supports Darktide and its capabilities, is available for AMD users to download from this page. The required information can be entered, and the download URLs will load.
Select the Windows Update tab under Settings. For Darktide, you can install the pending Windows updates to ensure no performance loss.
Make adjustments to Darktide’s Nvidia Control Panel settings.
These Nvidia Control Panel changes can be used to fix Warhammer 40K Darktide’s stuttering and low frame rates.
- Enter your Nvidia Control Panel.
- Select “Adjust image settings with preview,” which is listed under 3D settings on the left side of the screen.
- Choose “Performance” under “Use my preferred emphasizing.”
- After clicking “Ok,” return to Steam.
- Start Darktide once more.
- Check your frame rates after playing the game to see if they decline.
Disable Windows Background Recording or Nvidia Instant Replay.
Disable all features, including Windows Background Recording and Nvidia Instant Replay. Additionally, Game Mode and the Xbox Game Bar must to be turned off.
How to turn off Nvidia Instant Replay:
- Input Alt+Z.
- You’ll see the Nvidia In-Overlay.
- Select the block marked “Instant Replay.”
- From there, turn it off.
How to turn off Background Recording:
- Access the settings menu in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Choose Gaming
- Captures can be found on the left.
- For the menu, disable background recording.
Pick the appropriate GPU if your system has several GPUs. In particular for gaming laptops.
Additionally, your gaming PC can use two video cards. Verify that the dedicated graphics card is being used, not the integrated one.
What you must do if your GPU is an Nvidia GPU is as follows:
- Navigate to Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to the Manage 3D settings link
- Choose the Global Settings option
- Then choose High-performance NVIDIA CPU under “Preferred graphics processor.”
These are some remedies for the performance problems in Darktide that we have discovered to be effective among Warhammer PC players. But we’ll be expanding the article with more recommendations.
Keep in mind that none of these techniques are particularly sophisticated. These steps do not guarantee a perfect resolution to your issue. If your problem is serious, the best course of action is to get in touch with Fatshark support.
I advise you to check out the Warhammer Darktide Reddit or the Darktide discussion page on Steam. Many players will be talking about these same topics.
Last Updated on December 3, 2022
An avid listener of music from a number of countries. Writing is his hobby and passion. A follower of all the latest android and PC games. Not to mention his favorite: Mobile Legends!