In Myth of Empires, the Role of a Protection Timer is to protect your precious base. You need this mechanism for a number of reasons. When you go offline, the protection Timer fends off raids and other intruders.
Having that said, setting up one can be a tricky task. Especially when PvP players and others Clans are after your guild base, this becomes ever so important.
In this guide, I will show you how you can set up a Protection Timer effectively, and maybe have a sound sleep while you are offline.
Myth of Empires – How To Set Up Protection Timer
Typically, your Guild Marker will start to blink and give off red alerts when you have encountered a raid. In such situations, setting up a protection timer is the best thing to do. Here is how a guild marker looks like:
Kindly note that this is only needed if you are playing for PvP content. If you happen to be on a PvE server, or you are strictly playing that, you do no need to worry about raids and protection timers in general.
Range of Boundaries (White and Blue)
The first thing you need to know is the Boundary Colours and their ranges in the protection timer. To know the Boundary ranges, interact and click on the option called “Boundary Marker Show Range” like so:
If you are concerned with only the protection timer and base protection, pay full attention to the WHITE marker. Once you show range, go outside and look at a distance. You should be able to see a white boundary, as show here:
Anything inside this boundary marker, will have the full protection of you weekly taxed protection timer. I will be discussing the taxation and the allotment for the timer at a later sub-section.
The Blue Marker will be located at a much farther distance than the white one. That is basically the No Decay Timer. This timer marker has a slightly different payment method. Usually single payments per week covers this one.
Paying Weekly Taxes for No Decay Timer
To pay for your No Decay Timer Specifically, Do the following:
- Go inside Inventory
- Select the Boundary Marker
- look at the bottom-right corner
- Check the resources you need to collect and pay weekly
- Once you have them, select Donate and it will say “Next Week: Donated” !
- Here is an example image:
Upgrading Duration of Protection Timer
Here I will show you how to upgrade how long the protection timer will be up and running. To do this, first, do the following:
- Press “G” by default
- Select “Guild Skill” from the bottom of the screen
- Select “Internal Affairs” Tab
- Put 1 point in:
- The More the Better
- Vast Fortune
Finally put the final points or whatever is left in “Increasingly Dominant”. Here is how the point allocation should look like:
The “Increasingly Dominant” helps in increasing duration of the Protection Timer. It basically adds an Hour to per point you put towards Taxation. The higher you can get in this section, the more protection timer you will have!
How To Set Up/Allocate Protection Timers
The Time and Date that you can see there are determined by the Server you are currently on. So, for example, if you are on a EU Server the time zones would be WET, CET, and EET. The same methods goes for other servers as well.
Now, when you open the timer via “Protection” tab, you will see two windows. The top window is for the current week and the bottom window is for the next week. You basically need to alter the first one first.
Paying Taxes for Timers
To set up the timer for the next week, you need to determine and allot taxes to them. Do this by going over to the “Tax” tab. You will have the following options:
- Poll Tax
- Head Tax
- Farm Tax
- Press “pay” once you have enough resources for them.
These generally require the same amount of resources so you need not worry about that. Once you pay these taxes, go back to the “Protection” tab.
Figuring Out The Mechanics of Timer
You will notice that there are two counters besides the timers saying “0/0”. The right-side counter is basically number of hours you have after you pay the taxes. The left-side counter is the number of hours you will be setting.
Use 0 to 24 as the timers to set. 0 stands for Midnight, 12 stands for Mid Day, and 24 is Midnight for the next day. DO NOT use any other numbers or special characters here, an try to follow this coding of timer.
Basically this follows the 24 Hours time so do not use the Normal Time Mode. Now, If you want protection throughout the night, DO NOT set the timer like 21 : 9 : 00. This will mess up the timer. Instead do the following:
|Date [month-date/day]||1st Time Interval||2nd Time Interval|
This will Protect you from 9 pm. to 9 am. (12 Hours). You can use this knowledge to set whatever timer you want for the entire week also. The concept is simple. Let me show a full example for the entire week to clear this even more:
|Date [month-date/day]||1st Time Interval||2nd Time Interval|
The above table will protect you for 21 Hours from 9pm that day, up to 6pm the next day. The calculation is 21 to 24 = 3 Hrs and for the next day it goes for 0 to 18 = 18 Hrs. 3+18 = 21 Hrs. You can use this weekly concept for the entire week for different times.
Official Release for Protection Timer Settings (MoE Devs)
Take this as an example.
- Time Interval means you can only set time range between 8:00 15th, Nov and 7:59 22nd, Nov. Don’t set time early or late than this range.
- You can only input integers from 0-24, such as 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 . . . . . .24. Don’t input 0:00 or 13:00 or 24:00.
- For each day the maximum time range is 20 hours.
- There are four boxes for each day, that means you can set two time interval. For example, on 16th,Nov. You can input 1~8; 8~12 or 1~12 in the first 2 boxes and leave the other 2 empty.
- Numbers can only be input in ascending order. Don’t input something like 23~5.
- In this example you have a 60-hour protection, don’t need to use them up. Of course you can if you like. Besides, if you are playing in a PVE server, you can just ignore it, because even if you don’t set protection time other players can not attack your structures.
- Only after you’ve confirmed this week’s protection setting, you will be able to set next week’s protection at the right bottom(see pic below). Don’t forget to tax for next week’s protection in advance.
Source – Angela Game
And that is how you can setup the protection timer in Myth of Empires. If there is any confusion regarding this, you can let me know in the comments below. I will try to help you out as soon as I can.
Feel free to check that out at your own leisure. Got specific suggestions? You can submit them here. Thanks for reading!